ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 speaker wire polarity?

Albi 197
Hi everyone, replaced all 4 stock speakers with some others I had lying around. Now something doesn't sound right, chopped the plugs off the car and tested for the positive using a multimeter, mate said this is how he does it... Had this problem before when I wired one of the speakers up the wrong way but I'm pretty sure I didn't this time.

Does anyone know what colours are what on the cars wiring for the speakers?

Not got a problem taking them out again, just rather I knew what was what!

Thanks in advance. :)

renault clio 1.4 16v
what colour are the wires? another way to see if the speakers are the right way around is to play something with a deacent beat, if the cone of the speaker is kicking out towards you on the beat then its the right way around, if it kicks inwards, then you have got the polarity mixed up...

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If the wires are anything like on a 182 they are random colours, loads of people have posted wire colours on this forums and most seem different, none matched my car.

What I would do is see if you can find the old speaker connectors to see the colours of the wires you chopped then use this pic to see which one is positive and which is negative:

1000x1000.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
oh and if you ever do it again, so much easier buying the leads in the pics above, takes all the agro out of crimping/soldering and getting polarity right.