ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 engine noise

The 200 has been making a noise from engine bay for a while now, in to dealers today and they have stripped it down and needs a new water pump and timing belt.

All under warranty but is this a common clio fault? Only got 6700 on clock.

Adam, hard to explain, like a ticking noise of sort, only hear it when stationary with engine on but it can be quite loud and been commented on by a few people

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
would not same common yet , but have done a few on these and on the megane sports for similar noise.

Just spoke with dealers...fan belt and timing belt kits in today...water pump...well thats another story, could be two weeks from France!

In fairness to dealers they have advised they are getting me a hire car sorted as while car is driveable if water pump goes it could cause serious damage

Lionel Richie
just spoke to Renault Trade hub (west midlands) can be VOR'd in for tomorrow morning, they're talking rubbish!

random tapping noise at idle? cambelt tensioner, i've done about 15 of them

just spoke to Renault Trade hub (west midlands) can be VOR'd in for tomorrow morning, they're talking rubbish!

random tapping noise at idle? cambelt tensioner, i've done about 15 of them

Thanks Fred, and yeah would say it was a random tapping noise at idle, maybe dealers are short of work and just fancied giving their staff some labour for a wee while!