ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 gearbox troubles

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Been experiencing this for quite a while now but no one can find a fault. Basically I cannot select any gears at all for around 30s.

Conditions are:
8/9C (I guess 6-10C)
Cold engine/gearbox (left overnight)

Weirdly any colder or warmer than it's perfectly fine.

Took a vid on my phone.

Booked in again next week so hopefully it'll be sorted.

Last edited by a moderator:

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
lol

RUK did ask if I was keeping the car. I think the time for a new car has just got closer if they don't fix it.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Is the general consensus not he gearbox, but a slave cylinder issue? Sure Ive read it somewhere?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
What would be the symptoms of a failing slave cylinder? Currently it's fine after 30s and only happens at a certain temp.

GTD, Lupo
How many miles has the car done? My old 200 was sometimes a b**ch to get in gear when cold but after about 15k the issue just disappeared!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'd say thats more likely to be a clutch master or slave cylinder issue rather than the box itself. Checked the brake fluid level recently? My Laguna was struggling to select 3rd when cold and just seemed to hit the gate on a PK6 box but as it warmed up it would finally crunch in as if the synchro was shafted and then eventually, when it was up to temp, it would select perfectly.

changed brake fluid, bled all four wheels and the clutch slave and boom, issue resolved!

Mick

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Fluid changed and bled at the end of summer. Due another change though so will see how it is.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
nope. I sold the car in 2012 and the gearbox is still he original one.