ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200t tyres scrapping

Clio 200t
I was just wondering if anyone with the clio 200t has issues with their tyres catching the bodywork when going over speed bumps etc. Mine has the cup pack with the 18" rims plus supposedly lowered by 3mm if going by the cup spec. Really have to go slow over most bumps and it is the back that catches. My car is still under warranty but just wanted to if this is a common problem before I take the car in.

Same issue on mine but I have the standard 17s - not sure if it's rubbing or the little plastic bits underneath the front bumper?
The result is I need to do 15-18 mph tops over the bumps in a 30 mph zone near my home causing a nice little traffic jam behind me (some people get seriously frustrated with me).
Either way it hurts to hear it happening.

Clio 200t
Thanks for the reply. It is disappointing if this is sort of normal. I am still going to visit my local dealer and try find out if there is anything that can be done.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Is it kind of like a crashing sound? I think there's been issues with bushes on the mk4

Clio 200t
No it is definitely a scrapping noise as you go over the bump. It mainly at the back but have also heard it from the front a couple of times. Possibly catching the plastic lining of the wheel arches.

Rs200t lux
No it is definitely a scrapping noise as you go over the bump. It mainly at the back but have also heard it from the front a couple of times. Possibly catching the plastic lining of the wheel arches.

Take off the front flaps under the front bumper ( helps with cooking brakes as well ) And get the front arb bush recall done as this cured my scrapping noise over bumps
The bush noise sounded like it was coming from the front and back but once they were done the noise went away