ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio campus 1.2 16v won't start

clio campus sport
Hi guys,
My car wont seem to start, the immobiliser light stays solid when I turn the ignition on , The battery, oil, stop, handbrake and Amber wheel light stay on, all other lights go out. Picture below show what I mean.

The car will try to start and will turn over but only when you go and turn the key straight to position three.

If you try going from ignition on(2) to actually starting the car(3) it won't do anything at all relay clicks but nothing!!

Also had diagnostics reader on it but the car won't communicate with it.

Iv Recently changed the coil pack and spark plugs. Starter motor is fine iv checked the voltage. Tried putting a new earth to the engine with a jump lead and then starting it still no joy. Also had the crank position sensor out and cleaned that, but still nothing.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Lewis

Attachments

• IMG_2029.JPG
    IMG_2029.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 164
  Renault clio
Hi guys,
My car wont seem to start, the immobiliser light stays solid when I turn the ignition on , The battery, oil, stop, handbrake and Amber wheel light stay on, all other lights go out. Picture below show what I mean.

The car will try to start and will turn over but only when you go and turn the key straight to position three.

If you try going from ignition on(2) to actually starting the car(3) it won't do anything at all relay clicks but nothing!!

Iv Recently changed the coil pack and spark plugs. Starter motor is fine iv checked the voltage. Tried putting a new earth to the engine with a jump lead and then starting it still no joy. Also had the crank position sensor out and cleaned that, but still nothing.

Hi guys,

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Lewis
I've had same problem for the past few months, just won't start at all I've tried all the common faults and still nothing. Cant seem to find a solution anywhere, i did get it to start a few weeks ago by running a wire from the battery to one of the wires on the ignition (can't remember which one) but after the second time starting it wouldn't start again. Now I'm pulling all the engine loom and fuse box out to see if that's the problem. If you do get an answer let me know please because nobody answered my post lol

clio campus sport
Hi mate, just an update, I managed to get the car running again , unfortunately I carnt put it down to a just a single thing that fixed it because I tried multiple things at once.

I cleaned the key with wire wool to get it down to shiny metal.

I took out every fuse and relay in the bay and blew out the housing with a compressor then reseated them all again cleaning each with wire wool.

Unplugged the white UCH plug which is under the passenger footwell, and blew it out.

Locked and unlocked the door a few times after this and then it started, and now starts every time.

Cheers Lewis

Renault clio
Hi mate, just an update, I managed to get the car running again , unfortunately I carnt put it down to a just a single thing that fixed it because I tried multiple things at once.

I cleaned the key with wire wool to get it down to shiny metal.

I took out every fuse and relay in the bay and blew out the housing with a compressor then reseated them all again cleaning each with wire wool.

Unplugged the white UCH plug which is under the passenger footwell, and blew it out.

Locked and unlocked the door a few times after this and then it started, and now starts every time.

Cheers Lewis

Thanks mate i will try it when i get chance hopefully mine is same problem haha

Clio Campus Sport
Might seem a bit obvious but have you tried a new battery? Mine was off the road for a week for a new clutch, when it was all back together I couldn't start it,
Electrics still seemed to work fine but no start up only clicking.
After quite a while trying to start it the battery level dropped low enough to send all the electrics in the car into crazy mode, flashing, beeping etc when I tried to start it.
I also had a short in one of my back light clusters which probably wasn't helping.
New battery solved the problem.

Renault clio
Hi mate, thanks for the tip it's finally running now just got another problem with abs and stop light appearing now haha should hopefully have it fixed soon

Clio Campus Sport
Have you just replaced a drive shaft?
I had the abs and stop light after replacing a drive shaft and buying the wrong one.
I bought one with a 26abs ring instead of 44 abs ring.
Apparently broken abs ring or sensors can cause the same problem.
It's never ending, believe me!

Renault clio
Have you just replaced a drive shaft?
I had the abs and stop light after replacing a drive shaft and buying the wrong one.
I bought one with a 26abs ring instead of 44 abs ring.
Apparently broken abs ring or sensors can cause the same problem.
It's never ending, believe me!
No it weren't this sorry not been on here for a while, if I remember rightly it just needed brake fluid topping up lol