ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Fuse identity

Clio 1.2 16v 2005
Hi
Can any one help with identifying a fuse for me ..? its the Green 30 amp one marked 'G' on this image ..keep blowing every time ignition on?
Have found if I unplug ECU it doesn't blow..tried new ECU pops fuse every time ignition is on position 2 (dash on) not when turn to start?
thanks

P1000855.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I do recall when I had a 172 that had a factory alarm, there was an extra fuse in that location, cant recall if its that one, but as its causing grief with immobiliser could be linked.

CursedTitanium 182FF
I think it is to do with the immobiliser, just took my fuse out and the car turns over but won't start.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and as with most electrical issues, check earths, they are the cause of most issues.
Check, battery to chassis, chassis to gearbox (x2 IIRC), and anywhere where aloom bolts to the engine or chassis.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's the main power feed for the sensors and EM. Check your H02 sensor wiring as I bet it's touching the exhaust.

Clio 1.2 16v 2005
Thanks will do ...the car had this fault a year ago and I discovered the metal safety clamp over the ECU plug had slightly worn the loom ..re insulated and removed that metal cover (looks like it should be on a tractor!) and that fixed it not a glitch for 8 / 9 months till same problem but loom looks fine , no water ingress..
the car has died in motion each time as well not failed on start?? ironically on the same road within 100 yards of the last time!!
I have found a brown plug sensor on front of block, just behind dip stick.. has a red and a white wire into it but there is a bare end coming from the grey shroud that caries the wire to it?? there is no obvious place it has come from as very short? it isn't grounding ? I do have an image but can seam to past it in ? can email I guess if someone needs it..

Thanks
craig

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Water sensor?

No, that would be h2O ;-)

HO2 = Heated Oxygen Sensor

Darn Electrics - That's the Knock sensor and unlikely to be the short to Positive. Have you checked the U/S H02 wiring loom as this is the most common place for the 30A fuse blowing to be resolved as people don't restrain the loom correctly and it touches the exhaust, melting the wiring until the +12v bangs to the exhaust grounding the live.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
No, that would be h2O ;-)

HO2 = Heated Oxygen Sensor

Darn Electrics - That's the Knock sensor and unlikely to be the short to Positive. Have you checked the U/S H02 wiring loom as this is the most common place for the 30A fuse blowing to be resolved as people don't restrain the loom correctly and it touches the exhaust, melting the wiring until the +12v bangs to the exhaust grounding the live.

That would make more sense! Doh.

3rd Knock sensor wire is intended to terminate to nothing. My guess is it is some sort of shielding.

Clio 1.2 16v 2005
Wire to Lambda sensor wire (if it is the green protective shroud to sensor just behind flex on downpipe ?) is fine well away from everything held on a clip all ok...?
Have got a video (again cant work out how to upload it dohh ) showing what happens when do attempt to start..

I have flashing imob light until turn over when goes solid, only turns over for 2/3 seconds before throws out ? is this a feature to protect starter?

Clio 1.2 16v 2005
found an earth on front of gearbox but all tight and good nick ? cant spot any at rear..would it need to found from underneath?
tHx
Craig

Clio 1.2 16v 2005
checked all earths and are fine..
this car did suffer from a leaking sun roof originally, I re sealed unit and sorted it,,could the water ingress have caused a problem long term?

Clio 1.2 16v 2005
Hi
Any one able to recommend an auto elec in the Essex area ?? im looking for a needle in a hay stack here me thinks..but thanks for all the suggestion's..

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
found an earth on front of gearbox but all tight and good nick ? cant spot any at rear..would it need to found from underneath?
tHx
Craig

Theres 2, one on the front gearbox mount, which I assumed you found - http://www.bluechipspares.co.uk/img/p/956-4038-large.jpg

The other is tucked right down the back. Follow the loom over the gearbox, passed the TDC sensor, past the split for the starter and follow it down towards cables that reach the lambda sensorts, and its bolted to the gearbox.