ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 1.6 (128 Bhp)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
aaah

Well, i haven't been speeding that bad, shitty conditions tbh would be a bit silly!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Aye, its no super mini. Its by no means large but its not small. Its a small hatchback, not a super mini.

And yes, its nippy. in todays weather if i gave it the beans i had it wheel spinning into 2nd and 3rd. No Traction control ftw.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Aye, its no super mini. Its by no means large but its not small. Its a small hatchback, not a super mini.

And yes, its nippy. in todays weather if i gave it the beans i had it wheel spinning into 2nd and 3rd. No Traction control ftw.
Traction control is great in bad weather tbh, makes driving easy since you dont have to think about controlling the power when setting off on a lazy pootle around town.

Bet you cant wait for a dry day to push the car to its limit.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I do 99% of my driving on country roads mate! My route to school/friends etc.

And why do i need to push it to its limits? The only limits atm is my inexperience!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Lol @ needing traction control driving in town.
Yer, lazy driving FTW. Its wierd, after driving the (1.3) van which needs to be revved a lot i get in the clio and take a couple of miles to adjust to not having to rev as much, then i get back in the van and stall. Fail :(

Edit: Lol, reading what i wrote earlier makes me sound like a right crap driver :eek:

Not a 320d
Is it pretty nippy though? Got to be miles better than a 1.2

Yeah its not bad, goes fairly well to 90 jellybeans and ive had 115 out of it so far but ive not been pushing it that much. Its no slouch, but its no supermini like jase said.

I do 99% of my driving on country roads mate! My route to school/friends etc.

And why do i need to push it to its limits? The only limits atm is my inexperience!

Nothing like jumping in at the deep end mate ;)

Not a 320d
Well, first day of driving on my own. In wet conditions, and dangerous at that! Had to contend with a very notorious set of roads. Tight twists, turns, dips and crests through wooded areas. So lots of leaves and mud on the slippery road to contend with!

The Clio did very well. Very well indeed. I only made one mistake which was coming round a corner and on some slippy mud out of a turning i got some lift off oversteer.

Gearing is very short in the GT, but this somehow makes it fun :)

Its badly short IMO, 55 at the redline in 2nd ffs.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Its all good jumping in the deep end but there are a lot of deep ditches round my area :p

Not a 320d
True ^^

Im learning the cars limits still, its very twitchy IMO. I hope i can make it to the summer for some dry weather.

320d
I'm surprised the GT is spinning in 2nd and 3rd. My 172 has no TC and I have no traction problems in 2nd or 3rd albeit I don't rag it in the wet.

Not a 320d
Some more pics. None of the full car you all know what it looks like.

DSC01879.jpg

DSC01880.jpg

DSC01881.jpg

DSC01883.jpg

Not a 320d
Damn your mats need a good clean... how many days have u had it now ? ... lol

They were from my old car, i was going to buy new car mats from renault but they didnt have any "executive" mats in so i figured id wait until winter was over and buy some new ones. my old ones will take the dirt this winter rarther than ruining a set of new ones. Mind you, they are usually cleaner than that.

We complained about the lateness and they have us a free tank of fuel, got to the petrol station, no unleded left, so they gave me a full tank of V power which came to £56

Im nearly on red, ive had it about 48 hours now and ive covered 200 miles in it.

They were from my old car, i was going to buy new car mats from renault but they didnt have any "executive" mats in so i figured id wait until winter was over and buy some new ones. my old ones will take the dirt this winter rarther than ruining a set of new ones. Mind you, they are usually cleaner than that.

We complained about the lateness and they have us a free tank of fuel, got to the petrol station, no unleded left, so they gave me a full tank of V power which came to £56

Im nearly on red, ive had it about 48 hours now and ive covered 200 miles in it.

nealry 55litres of fuel in 200miles ragged it much ;)

Not a 320d
Not as much as youd think no. New car im guessing thats the reason why im averaging 22mpg. i gave it 100 miles and then started to open it up slowly as i just couldnt resist.

Clio GT
22 mpg , are you sure ? .... I used to have a MG ZTT 2.5 V6 doing that around town.

My GT is doing between 30 - 34 mpg and thats opening it up. 40 mpg on motorways and driving clamly. Its only a 1.6 after all....

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
How many miles are on yours so far though ? I expect it will get a little better as it opens up.
Never had a brand new car, but had a couple of new motorbikes and both improved mpg significantly after they were run in.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The mats in my car are covered in mud and leaves, plus theres a load of rubbish in the car! LOL.

It only wheelspinned into 3rd on a brand new road covered in water!

My mate who passed a day before me tried it on in his 5 door Focus 1.6 diesel. Fail.

The mats in my car are covered in mud and leaves, plus theres a load of rubbish in the car! LOL.

It only wheelspinned into 3rd on a brand new road covered in water!

My mate who passed a day before me tried it on in his 5 door Focus 1.6 diesel. Fail.

tbh theirs not that much in the performance with all the torque im surprised he didnt get close :rasp: