ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio injuries...

None
Had to change the Xenons on my 172, so the bumper had to come off. Needless to say, hands are scratched to pieces!
However, I injured myself pretty badly when... Putting the fusebox cover back on in the engine bay! Had a real job pushing it back, and then suddenly it went - taking with it the top of my left thumb! Has literally taken off most of the skin in one section!

This got me thinking - anyone got any other stories from working on this needlessly difficult to work on cars?!

PB Clio 172
yeah in my renault 5 gtt I touched the ht leads and the shock went stright through me and I cut the engine out! Good job I wore trainers!

Lotus Elise
When cracking off the exhaust pully I hit my own chin with the breaker bar and I bit my tongue.

Anyone who has cracked off an exhaust pully will know just how tight they are and how much my tongue hurt. Bad times :(

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Not really the cars fault, last summer fiddling with the centre section of the exhaust I slid out from under the car sat up and smashed the side of my head on the sill, result... 2 stitches as I had cut open a blood vessel.

The compressors on my 1.2 springs popped off the other day, had some tape on but not enough so they slipped, not under great tension although had i not aimed it slightly away from me i think i would have broken my arm!

Still hit me and had a nice bruise for a while.

My hands are in bits after working on the old car and doing upgrades on the new one...

And the icing on the cake was the 182's door got caught in the wind whilst i was on a hill holding it for some unknown reason, i closed it with force and my little finger in. Im suprirsed it didnt break, swelled up like a b**ch and blood everywhere. :clown:

None
Had a bit of a mare trying to fit a new headlight bulb the other day.
Not alot of room!

Ridiculous isn't it! How did you do it mate? Even passenger side was too tight to work on with the bumper on, didn't even attempt the driver's side before!

I was in the pit at my mates garage working under the car changing his exhaust over. Whilst doing this he had the brakes off changing the discs and pads. I leant down to pick up a wrench, and as I did he kicked the brake caliper which fell about 5 foot on to my hand, nice broken hand there! Fcuking clio.

TRACK CAR BREAKING
My willams bonnet smacked me in the head when I was filling it up with water after a pipe had called off. Scratched hand and a big smack on the back of my head!

Fiesta ST200
Had a bit of a mare trying to fit a new headlight bulb the other day.
Not alot of room!

THIS.

Absolutely ripped the backs of my hands apart when trying to replace ALL of the bulbs to uprated ones. It really is a killer, they dont make it easy.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I got one of my fingers jammed between the bumper and arch liner trying to tie the bumper in place lol, apart from that I haven't really been hurt by it, burned myself on the engine once due to the location of the dipstick :(

None
THIS.

Absolutely ripped the backs of my hands apart when trying to replace ALL of the bulbs to uprated ones. It really is a killer, they dont make it easy.

How did you do it without the front bumper off?! Guess it's easier without the A/C pipes in the way!

Forgot to put the rubber cover back on while I had the lights out - DOH!

I got one of my fingers jammed between the bumper and arch liner trying to tie the bumper in place lol, apart from that I haven't really been hurt by it, burned myself on the engine once due to the location of the dipstick :(

Haha just remember I also burnt my hand on the exhaust on my 172.

Had a piper exhaust and it started to drop on the backbox, so fasioned a jubilee clip holder to keep it up, went on a 30 minute journey to my mates and as soon as I pulled up thought I'd make sure the jubilee clip was still tight and in place, OUCH.

Trophy #387
Cut my hands up trying to get the grille on/off... also sliced my hands to pieces when I was changing head units

Black 172
Basically split my hand open using a brand new Draper Value chain style oil filter remover, the plastic handle came clean off the metal shaft, rubbish tool design/build, I should have kept it and sued.

I was also lucky when working under a car with my mains lamp. I'd drained the coolant but there was still loads left in a pipe, I was laying on my back with the lamp on my chest, and the water soaked me and the lamp, I was thinking s**t, I am going to be electrocuted any moment...

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
When I was an apprentice at mercedes, I bought my car into the workshop and attempted to "clean" my noisy alternator belt when the engine was running, rag got caught, hand went between pulley and belt, engine stalled, belt snapped and mashed my hand = fail

None
When I was an apprentice at mercedes, I bought my car into the workshop and attempted to "clean" my noisy alternator belt when the engine was running, rag got caught, hand went between pulley and belt, engine stalled, belt snapped and mashed my hand = fail

Mate, that's grim! Lucky to have kept your hand, was it badly mashed?

THIS.

+1 Fitting new HID bulbs, no room at all especially on the drivers side because of the aircon pipework. lots of swearing and scraping of the hands occurred.

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I can just fit 3 fingers trying to change the bulbs on a non sport clio.

My hands are like shovels

ph2 172
Changing bulbs - cut hands
Polishing exhaust can - cut hands and arms
fitting yanoo shifter - rust and dirt in eyes
hack sawing out my center box - slipped and cut my thumb
fitting new center box sleeve - constant banging of head on sills
oh and fitting a cold air intake, cuts up my arms.

Really thinking the car has it in for me :mad:

None

I get that feeling too mate, still waiting for the skin to grow back on this thumb, it's taking its sweet time.
This car isn't content with just taking my money, it now wants my skin too

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Not a Clio one, but my Dad once knocked out all his front teeth when a torque wrench slipped off the bolt he was tightening on a Tractor... Dentist was amazed he hadnt broken his jaw.

We saw the funny side though, even if my Dad didnt like being compared to Shane McGowan.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Trying to get the headlight back on my ex's Citroen AX many years ago the thing wouldn't go back into place (had a sort of ball and socket fitting arrangement). Getting more and more frustrated I resorted to hitting it with the palm of my left hand which promptly went straight through it slicing my hand right open - just at the base of the middle finger. 2 injections into the 'web' bit either side of my finger and 5 stitches required. And I had to buy her a new headlight as well.

TRACK CAR BREAKING
Bonnet on my Williams close whilst I was filling it up with water.
Was concentrating trying to to spill looking closly and BANG :(
Yer it hurt !

Renault Clio RS182
Sat in daddys Roverbeast a few years ago with the door open and my hand on the trailing egde of the door...let the handbrake off to roll backwards down the drive when my cousin decided it'd be a good idea to start pushing while i wasn't paying attention...car picked up a bit of speed and unfortunatly for me i still had my hand on the open door when the door hit the concrete fence post...the door came off better than my hand, but saying that my hand came off better than my stomach when i could see the guiders/tendons in my hand :-/

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
I changed my xenon bulbs twice for the fun of it the other night ;)

I sliced my hand open on my wheel arch liner the other day! Was like a paper cut but worse :(
And on my old valver, my old headlights used to go out due to poor connections, when I went to fix it one night my finger caught the aux belt! Didn't really feel anything till everything went 'slippery' turns out there was blood everywhere lol
When I pulled my hand out there was a gash down my little finger :p and blood was pumping out....when it stopped you could see the bone and everything haha

320d
I don't think I ever did anything to my 172 without bleeding. Changing wheels, adjusting the exhaust, changing bulbs etc always lead to me bleeding.

Ever thought about wearing the appropriate PPE? :p