ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
So why does a 500+ BHP AMG Merc not need a stupid spoiler like that then?

Stop this joke...

The Mercedes is just a commercial GT supercar, the CLIO CUP is not a commercial car BUT a TRACK & RACING car made only for an international championship on tracks...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just been trying to visualise the spoiler upside down on the roof of the Dartford tunnel, but my iPad keeps following me around when I try to tilt the pic.

How did I miss this?! I just ejected orange squash out of my nose!

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
Sorry but I'm not there to comment "jokes" ^^, so return in the main subject :)

The same new CUP (always in test, I remember that the new CLIO CUP shall arrive for the Championship 2014) in different pics

548919_445794882169888_454910708_n.jpg

564516_445794895503220_1980803714_n.jpg

32591_445794938836549_975398211_n.jpg

733929_445795262169850_64465982_n.jpg

320033_445795225503187_250660590_n.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Could it just be a handle for really tall people to push their broken down school-run vehicle into an empty bay at Sainsburys?

Like, Revels-spec tall

SQ5
FLOL, good point, FRS spoiler is horrendous, they might of been a bit quicker in standard form without that massive piece of plastic in the boot.

New Clio Cup spoiler, suits it and obviously is there for a reason!

Well i can only comment on my personal opinion of what looks s**t and what doesn't. AIDS and cancer are OTT but they're not the same thing.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes I agree mate everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I guess with the focus is it kinda goes with the car because imo it is a bit of an ott in your face kind of car, not to say thats a bad thing though it's just my opinion.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
Yeah looks completely different to me.

"abomination" this spoiler???
Are you blind to say such extremist point of view?
This spoiler is on a pure race car made only for a track's championship, it's homogeneous, and no doubt, effective too (oh dude RS/Alpine with his long experience and his many victories since more than 50 years in all areas of race, has nothing to prove in motorsport) and this is all we ask of a race car

I practice several fan forums RS and Clio RS across Europe, France, Germany, Italy, England-UK, and it's fun for me to see always the same SPAMers on all these forums.

Generally they don't own RS or CLIO RS, and often owners Japanese or German cars, cars which except in videogames and Hollywood movies are nothing in reality compared to the palmares & titles of Renault Sport/Alpine in all areas of racing (Rally, Rally Cross, Endurance, F1, ice racing, etc.) from more than 50 years, & they arrived full of bad-faith just to spam and spit their venom of "jealous" ^^ (sad, especially for you)...

But you're right Nissan, VW or other commercial BMW (while CLIO CUP is a race car made ​​just for efficiency on track and champioship and only that, I remember, a CLIO CUP is not made to be a "tuning show car"), have prettiest spoilers design than the CLIO CUP ...

Irony of course, ridiculous ^^ LOL

IMG_4149.jpg

spoiler2.gif

mattig-vw-golf-2-rear-spoiler-3-p4741.jpg

bmw_E36_high_wing_spoiler.jpg

spoiler.jpg

Nissan_350Z_Z33_VS_Style_Rear_Spoiler_Convertible_only.jpg

NISSAN_S13_200SX_240SX_SILVIA_KOUKI_REAR_SPOILER_WING_Brand_new_no_MOQ_In_stock_Free_shipping_.jpg

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The spoiler reminds me of a ship from Star Wars, but i can't find the picture of it on google.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Not really. They don't look anything like the same. I don't understand the comparison.

I said they look different but as said, both are proportioned relatively the same, and in essence are equally in your face. I remember the first thing I thought when I saw a pic of a FRS for the first time, "what the fcuk is that!?".

Yours isn't to you because you've lived with and grown to love it and see it as normal.

You'll grow to love this one just as much I'm sure given the onslaught of facts from our French friend.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Christ I see kumkum's head is still firmly planted up Renaults ass!

Can you honestly not have a difference in opinion to someone and accept that Renault aren't the be all and end all!

I don't have a BMW anymore btw, its a ford now. Is my opinion more valid now? Or less?

Exactly. So what's the debate about? I don't like the spoiler, so apparently it has to be compared to one on another, completely different car, in a completely different class. Both in terms of size, price, and performance. Pretty sure an F1 wing would look out of place on a Fiesta ST. Looks ok on Lewis Hamilton's motor though. "LOL".

Anyway life's too short to debate spoilers. I think it looks s**t, you don't :)

LOL at KumKum though.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
"abomination" this spoiler???
Are you blind to say such extremist point of view?
This spoiler is on a pure race car made only for a track's championship, it's homogeneous, and no doubt, effective too (oh dude RS/Alpine with his long experience and his many victories since more than 50 years in all areas of race, has nothing to prove in motorsport) and this is all we ask of a race car

I practice several fan forums RS and Clio RS across Europe, France, Germany, Italy, England-UK, and it's fun for me to see always the same SPAMers on all these forums.

Generally they don't own RS or CLIO RS, and often owners Japanese or German cars, cars which except in videogames and Hollywood movies are nothing in reality compared to the palmares & titles of Renault Sport/Alpine in all areas of racing (Rally, Rally Cross, Endurance, F1, ice racing, etc.) from more than 50 years, & they arrived full of bad-faith just to spam and spit their venom of "jealous" ^^ (sad, especially for you)...

But you're right Nissan, VW or other commercial BMW (while CLIO CUP is a race car made ​​just for efficiency on track and champioship and only that, I remember, a CLIO CUP is not made to be a "tuning show car"), have prettiest spoilers design than the CLIO CUP ...

Irony of course, ridiculous ^^ LOL

FPMSL!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
He's is positively boiling from the toes up. Internetz rage!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Typical Renault, go public with prices having taken an extra two weeks to decide, and they still f*** it up.

Correct pricing is now;

Pricing:

£18995

Lux £19995

Lux adds climate control, electrically folding door mirrors, electric rear windows, R Link (in lieu of MediaNav), auto lights and wipers, extra tinted glass

Options:

Cup chassis including 18" wheels £650 (previously was £450)
18" wheels £300
Monitor £295 (previously was £95)
Climate control £410
Extra tint £250
Leather £1000
Heated seats £250
Rear sensors £315
Rear camera £350
Metallic £495
Flame red £595
Liquid yellow £1300

That's an extra £200 for me then. Grr.