ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I got rid of my FF 200 Cup for one 5 weeks ago. Mainly because I didn't like commuting in the 200.

Tbh I'm still not keen on the front end but it drives really nice. Took it round Nurburgring 4 times six days after I bought it which was fun, bit of brake fade but other than that it was good.

I like the auto box, although I have been in contact with a few companies regarding gearbox mapping (similar to the DSG maps). Just needs to be a little bit more responsive IMO.

I don't think I could get rid of my ff 197 f1 team r27 cup for a 200t, although I bet the auto box is very helpful in traffic.

At at least the 200t isn't as ugly as the 200 ff cup ff sport. :eek:

out of curiosity, what mode do you drive it in/how do you use the gearbox most of the time, as you can use it in a sequential type mode can't you?

Clio 200T
I don't think I could get rid of my ff 197 f1 team r27 cup for a 200t, although I bet the auto box is very helpful in traffic.

At at least the 200t isn't as ugly as the 200 ff cup ff sport. :eek:

out of curiosity, what mode do you drive it in/how do you use the gearbox most of the time, as you can use it in a sequential type mode can't you?

I pretty much always drive it normal, just get in and go lol. Rarely put it in Race, where it's only on the paddles, it is nice to drive like that on faster bits of roads or motorways to quickly shift down to overtake or whatever.

I very rarely drive it as you should drive an rs, just like a normal car tbh. I need my licence for work so I wouldn't want to risk it really.

Clio 200T
Watch the Golf smashing lol

Fiesta is the hatch of the moment - really does deserve its accolades. The Clio is simply a pair of contestants on Bullseye who just scored 59 with 6 darts after hitting all the prizes on the prize board. lol

Agree with the fiesta comment, awesome car, a mate has one with the mountune parts on it, 207 BHP but seems loads more, brilliant cars.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I pretty much always drive it normal, just get in and go lol. Rarely put it in Race, where it's only on the paddles, it is nice to drive like that on faster bits of roads or motorways to quickly shift down to overtake or whatever.

I very rarely drive it as you should drive an rs, just like a normal car tbh. I need my licence for work so I wouldn't want to risk it really.

I didn't mean thrashing it around lol, I'm not sure if I'd always chuck it into renaultsport to use the paddles/shifter rather than have it in auto, as that's just lazy. But I was wondering what an owner/enthusiast does.

Clio 200T
No I dont.. just leave it in normal (auto). Auto or manual doesn't really bother me tbh, I like both so just leave it.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Saw another one today in LY, looked lovely imo, am sure the fiesta is a more fun drive but id opt for the clio for its all round capabilities, its still going to be as quick as the others unless your on track and then it will be minimal.

It comes down to budget but id prob rather a fully speccd 12 month old 200t than a new fiesta ST, but then i like a bit of exclusivity

Clio 200T
Saw another one today in LY, looked lovely imo, am sure the fiesta is a more fun drive but id opt for the clio for its all round capabilities, its still going to be as quick as the others unless your on track and then it will be minimal.

It comes down to budget but id prob rather a fully speccd 12 month old 200t than a new fiesta ST, but then i like a bit of exclusivity

LY is nice.. I got my 200T for £16,700 with every single option ticked and the 4 plus package so I dont have to spend a penny on it for 4 years, half the road tax of the old 200 and I dont have to pay anything more p/m than I did on my old one and didn't even put a deposit on it.

LY is nice.. I got my 200T for £16,700 with every single option ticked and the 4 plus package so I dont have to spend a penny on it for 4 years, half the road tax of the old 200 and I dont have to pay anything more p/m than I did on my old one and didn't even put a deposit on it.

Did you buy it outright?

Thats a great price.

Clio 200T
The interest takes it to about 20k over the 4 years but thats including the option final payment.. I pay about £285 p/m though mate.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
£16700. Is a awesome price tbh. How much were fully specc'd 200's new with discount..? Prob very similar, so for a car with a 5 doors and fancy gearbox and a hoot to drive what else is there sub 17k?

GTD, Lupo
£16700. Is a awesome price tbh. How much were fully specc'd 200's new with discount..? Prob very similar, so for a car with a 5 doors and fancy gearbox and a hoot to drive what else is there sub 17k?

£16,700 was pretty much the book price for a 200 with no options ticked. The Silverstone i had was £20,000 before any discount, i ended up paying £17,400 but if you priced one up from standard they came out pretty close to £22,000 if you paid full asking price. Some people were crazy enough to pay the full asking price :clown: That is a mega bargain at £16,700. Even with my military discount the best i could get a new 200 for is £17,898.

Clio 200T
£16,700 was pretty much the book price for a 200 with no options ticked. The Silverstone i had was £20,000 before any discount, i ended up paying £17,400 but if you priced one up from standard they came out pretty close to £22,000 if you paid full asking price. Some people were crazy enough to pay the full asking price :clown: That is a mega bargain at £16,700. Even with my military discount the best i could get a new 200 for is £17,898.

Yeah really was too good to turn down... The car new was over £24,000.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Seems crazy cheap. Fact is there are no more deals like that really. They're going to have them lying around for years.

Good to know. So if you buy a year old one. You get the 3 remaining years of warranty, servicing, roadside. But over 4 years of finance
so the 4th year you only have finance. Is that right ?

I was half expecting The Booshinator to be blathering on about how Renault didn't actually plan to sell any in the UK. Disappointed.

The unfortunate reality is that they will never admit they were wrong. They are idiots, really. Never admitted to the myriad problems they've had with all their cars. They won't even acknowledge that their chairs and steering wheels fall apart, let alone the fact that all their manual gearboxes have been awful. The likelihood of them admitting defeat with this autobox is roughly zero.

I will happily be amazed if they reverse their policy, but it's way more likely that they will stop selling RHD cars. Actually they would probably view it as beneficial.

Clio 200T
Good to know. So if you buy a year old one. You get the 3 remaining years of warranty, servicing, roadside. But over 4 years of finance
so the 4th year you only have finance. Is that right ?

Well this one was 8 months old when I bought it. So when I it needs a MOT or service after 3 years the first one is free, when the car touches 4 years old. Same with the roadside and warrantee doesn't expire until the cars 4 years old from what I'm aware.

Nissan 350z
I will happily be amazed if they reverse their policy, but it's way more likely that they will stop selling RHD cars. Actually they would probably view it as beneficial.

Not sure on that, they seem to be doing well in Australia (because they are actually bothering to persue that market while leaving others to rot) so I cant see RHD disappearing off the radar.

182 Trophy & Megabusa
Well this one was 8 months old when I bought it. So when I it needs a MOT or service after 3 years the first one is free, when the car touches 4 years old. Same with the roadside and warrantee doesn't expire until the cars 4 years old from what I'm aware.

Yep. Mine came with the 4+ also...basically regardless of how many owners it has, from it's date of first registration the car comes with 4 years warranty, 4 years free servicing, 4 years breakdown and a free MOT for that year I believe. The servicing and warranty covers everything but consumables i.e. brake pads, tyres etc.

Literally exactly the same story for me with buying the car though, hadn't seen one, test drove one for a laugh, loved it and bought it. Got it at same age and same price (within £20). I guess that's all the margin the dealers have in the car LOL!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The unfortunate reality is that they will never admit they were wrong. They are idiots, really. Never admitted to the myriad problems they've had with all their cars. They won't even acknowledge that their chairs and steering wheels fall apart, let alone the fact that all their manual gearboxes have been awful. The likelihood of them admitting defeat with this autobox is roughly zero.

They're French; it's to be expected. I work with a lot of French guys, some over here and some in France and the ones working here are getting away from the guys in France because they're all the same. It's not just Renault its the majority of the French population. I'm not xenophobic, it's just how it is and they'll never ever change.

baysthebest

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172/172Cup/182
4+ including servicing standard on all (retail) Renaults from March 2012 to dec 2013. From 2014 4+ including servicing free with new pcp deals. £299 option to add the servicing on 0% and 'cash' deals.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member