ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio locked itself when keys were in the ignition

Meg 300Cup
the keys were in the ignition while i was cleaning it like i always do, and this time its decided to lock itself and i was only given 1 key when i bought it, WTF do i do now?

Cheers

If you have suitable stuff lying around you can gently bend the top of the door frame back, slide something in that's long enough to hook round the door handle and pull it and get in that way. I had to do it with my 172 when I started it when it was in mid air on ramps, we have the proper kit for it at work though.

Have to be really careful not to damage paintwork while you're at it though.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Mine locked itself on a rolling road and we had to pull the top of the door away slightly and push down a metal rod on the electric window switch to open it!

172 cup- suzu rf600r
as said by the 2 above, bend the top corner out, just dont bend too hard or the glass will shatter, you can use 2 screwdrivers wrapped in cloth start at the corner and work them both in opposite directions just enough to get a metal coat hanger in, loop the handle and TA-DA, cosider yourself a manly man