ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK1 (172 Conversion)

Clio 1.4RT
Hi guys I'm new to Clio Sport and thought I would introduce myself and then ask you guys for some help.

My name is Mike I'm 28 and I live in Malvern Worcestershire. I recently sold my Subaru Impreza WRX to part fund a new project I have always wanted to do (clio172 engine in a Mk1) but never got around to doing. So I sold my Subaru and bought me and the wife a Mondeo ST as a family car to share and I bought myself a near mint condition Mk1 clio from a member called Jason who is from Norwich. I plan to start the project ASAP. I have bought a 172 clio as a donor car as well as a rear axle of a MK1 1.8 16v clio,
so I am ready to go to a degree but I thought I would see if there any members on here who have already done it or who are prepared to give me some help and advice on here as I don't really know where to start or what else I might need to get?

What 172 did you buy? you need to use the phase 1 tb/inlet/loom/ecu to get it going, or you could use ph2 stuff but you'll need to use everything and adapt the plugs for lights e.t.c

Clio 1.4RT
What 172 did you buy? you need to use the phase 1 tb/inlet/loom/ecu to get it going, or you could use ph2 stuff but you'll need to use everything and adapt the plugs for lights e.t.c
That's a relief I have Bought a 172 exclusive like the one you're breaking. Gonna take off what I need then post on here everything I don't need for sale.