ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK3 or Mini One

Clio MK3
Hey folks,

im test driving a mini one tonight and thinking of getting rid of my clio mk3. has anybody ever done the oppisite and went from mini to renault and what would use recommend stick with renault or go with mini?

cheers :)

clio 182 sport
no way, my friend has a mini cooper S i would prefer my 182 ( i know the op has a mk3 )to that any day, it all depends on what your after tho id suppose so no one else's opinion matters but yours, but i have heard mini's reliablity is shocking and parts arent cheap ....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Clio mk3's, unless they're renaultsport models, are dreadful to drive. Terrible seats, terrible steering, torque less engines. Out of those two cars, I'd take a mini all day long.

Clio MK3
thats the only thing that is putting me off the mini the price of parts for them if anything does go wrong, but i dont do much driving i work locally so not much miles go on my car. it really comes down to what they offer me for my car like and if i like the drive of the mini

clio 182 sport
thats the only thing that is putting me off the mini the price of parts for them if anything does go wrong, but i dont do much driving i work locally so not much miles go on my car. it really comes down to what they offer me for my car like and if i like the drive of the mini

If you want to upgrade why dont you get a 197??

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've been in two minis and both had rock hard rides. I couldn't live with that everyday. I'm also not a fan of the Mk3 Clio. So on that basis, I'm with Rollo. Neither, and look somewhere else.

Id avoid the mini, they are terribly un-reliable , gearboxes are shite and break, coolant hoses, cambelts, water pumps exhausts etc , my ladys has one and it has 30k full service history on a 05 reg and does nothing but break ! and i get stuck working on it and in that term they are dog shite too !!
I know Renaults aren't awesome reliability but i wouldnt have a mini if you gave it me!! just my opinion mate

ST
Id avoid the mini, they are terribly un-reliable , gearboxes are shite and break, coolant hoses, cambelts, water pumps exhausts etc , my ladys has one and it has 30k full service history on a 05 reg and does nothing but break ! and i get stuck working on it and in that term they are dog shite too !!
I know Renaults aren't awesome reliability but i wouldnt have a mini if you gave it me!! just my opinion mate

I had my 06 S works (modded I may add) over two years with not one single problem, it shagged front tyres @ 240 bhp but that's par for the course. If all inspections and maintenance is carried out properly, they run perfectly, people buy them new and second hand alike without realising they do require more than a basic service every 10k or so. You're misses one does sound like a heap tho, has it got full BMW history with all inspection work carried out at the recommended times, was it a cherished car with TLC?

172, Tiguan
I like the Mini's. If we are talking a non RS car here i'd choose the Mini all day long. The residual values aren't bad either. Saying that though my parents have a Mini convertable that they've owned since new on a 54 plate. It's been maintained over and above the schedules, but the problems have started building over the last 2 years. It's now got to the point where they are looking to sell up.

Clio MK3
cheers for all the comments, i test drove the mini last night and was really nice. the car is immaculate likes 60k on the clock, full service history, all receipts for things done. has had a new clutch in it at 50k. im just waiting for them to fone me 2moro with prices for my car and finance. so possibly changing

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
I went from an R56 Mini Cooper S to a 182 back in October. I don't miss the Mini at all.

ST
Clio - housewives go down the shops in.
Mini - birches get wet for, bit of a gay image but better build quality, residuals with the right options, better results from tuning.. Shall I go on?