ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Noob - Any advice?

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
A Clio 2, 1.2, 2001, black. My first car and i've just blacked out the back 3 windows.
Im a complete noob to this, and I wanted to see if anyone had any advice or suggestions they can give me on modding my clio. What they think would be pretty useful or a good idea to do.

Thanks for your time.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
A Clio 2, 1.2, 2001, black. My first car and i've just blacked out the back 3 windows.
Im a complete noob to this, and I wanted to see if anyone had any advice or suggestions they can give me on modding my clio. What they think would be pretty useful or a good idea to do.

Thanks for your time.

hi, welcome to the forum. the most common mod people do is the rs grille as it looks a lot nicer than the standard. then maybe some alloys, but i wouldn't go for anything bigger than 16" as i regret buying 17's so im getting rid of them lol, just take a look on the 'projects' section and you will get ideas and more advice there mate :) where abouts are you from?

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Here

That is enough to keep you going dude.
Will find loads of insperation in there. :)
Thanks! Just scrolling through, Im looking for some particular resources too,
The only one I know of at the moment is k-tec.
I was also wondering if anyone has any info on de-badging mk2 clio's.

hi, welcome to the forum. the most common mod people do is the rs grille as it looks a lot nicer than the standard. then maybe some alloys, but i wouldn't go for anything bigger than 16" as i regret buying 17's so im getting rid of them lol, just take a look on the 'projects' section and you will get ideas and more advice there mate :) where abouts are you from?
Mind if you hook me up with a link, I've no idea where to look.
Thanks for the tip too, Im from Essex.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Thanks! Just scrolling through, Im looking for some particular resources too,
The only one I know of at the moment is k-tec.
I was also wondering if anyone has any info on de-badging mk2 clio's.

Mind if you hook me up with a link, I've no idea where to look.
Thanks for the tip too, Im from Essex.

being a 1.2 I wouldnt of thought you'll have the Renault badge, just the clio one... that is just stuck on - hair dryer to warm ti up then gently prize it off, dont force it though! Then get some megs clay and some quick detailer to get rid of the residue..

Pay up and become a full member theres a whole load of extra stuff you can get acess to, add yourself to the south east region and come along to some meets!

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
its £12 a month and you get a load of things when you join

Stuff like what? and thanks again :p

being a 1.2 I wouldnt of thought you'll have the Renault badge, just the clio one... that is just stuck on - hair dryer to warm ti up then gently prize it off, dont force it though! Then get some megs clay and some quick detailer to get rid of the residue..

Pay up and become a full member theres a whole load of extra stuff you can get acess to, add yourself to the south east region and come along to some meets!

Thanks for the info! :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?331979-Non-Sports-In-Here..&highlight=non+sports

^^ there is all the inspiration you could ever want.... 44 pages of non-sport clio projects and pictures.

As said mate, pay up your membership and there's guides on everything.

Most common route with non-sports is the 'low 'n' slow' approach:
Some nice 16" wheels, quite often Renault sport wheels.
Drop it on its arse on coilovers
Colour coding the plastic bits
RS grill

Have a look through that link though, you'll find plenty of ideas in there!

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...ght=non+sports

^^ there is all the inspiration you could ever want.... 44 pages of non-sport clio projects and pictures.

As said mate, pay up your membership and there's guides on everything.

Most common route with non-sports is the 'low 'n' slow' approach:
Some nice 16" wheels, quite often Renault sport wheels.
Drop it on its arse on coilovers
Colour coding the plastic bits
RS grill

Have a look through that link though, you'll find plenty of ideas in there!

Thanks for the help, looking through it now , Ive just ordered a grill too.

Thats what i done to my 1.2 mate, all cheep but affective mod's. most people start with an RS grill and silvervisions though.

Thats pretty banging, mind if I ask what silvervisions are, I know theyre a bulb but I dont properly understand them.

£12 a month ? You've been had !

To the OP .. welcome .. where abouts in Essex are you from ?

Black Clio + black 15" wheels + lows = win.

Whats the usual price then? lol Thanks and Romford

I think I might have to invest in some black alloys. :p

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Romford .. not far from me (Billericay-ish) !

'01 MK2 .. PH1 or 2 ?

Black + black FTW:

4140371437_b3b0f46b36_z.jpg