ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Project, My 172 As Donor, Opinions Please

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Ok, so i'm almost on the verge of making a decision on buying a shell with a cage intact. The plan i have it to use my Odyssey Blue 172 as a donor for all parts that will be needed to complete to swap over. I've always wanted a shell to work on, i've had the 172 for over 2 years and in that time it's had money spent on new parts all over inside and out so i know it very well.

Does it make sense to use all the tried and trusted parts from my 172 or simply sell the Clio and use the funds to build up the shell?

Heart says it's a big shame to break a nice looking Clio, the head says break it as i shouldn't have to lay out too much money as the parts are aleady there. The shell will be on the driveway, the other thing i'm sorting is a nearby garage to store the Blue Clio to break it, use the parts i need and sell the panels or complete shell in that time.

What do people think....

Ok, so i'm almost on the verge of making a decision on buying a shell with a cage intact. The plan i have it to use my Odyssey Blue 172 as a donor for all parts that will be needed to complete to swap over. I've always wanted a shell to work on, i've had the 172 for over 2 years and in that time it's had money spent on new parts all over inside and out so i know it very well.

Does it make sense to use all the tried and trusted parts from my 172 or simply sell the Clio and use the funds to build up the shell?

Heart says it's a big shame to break a nice looking Clio, the head says break it as i shouldn't have to lay out too much money as the parts are aleady there. The shell will be on the driveway, the other thing i'm sorting is a nearby garage to store the Blue Clio to break it, use the parts i need and sell the panels or complete shell in that time.

What do people think....

Mate if you have always wanted to build a car from a shell then go for it.

I am sure some one will snap up your current shell!

Amazed no one else has any thoughts on this ?

SilentScone will call dibs on the blue shell or he'll eat my hat.

Dude do you even own a hat!?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The beauty for me is starting all over again, a bank canvas and get to rebuild the whole car back up from the shell with all the existing parts off the blue Clio. I can also do things just the way i'd like it to be, as mentioned with the loom and ECU run it inside the car, basically to put my own ideas into the Clio.

The blue shell will be complete, intact with all panels and glass, carpet, can even throw in the original interior. I'll be keeping front and rear brakes and calipers, suspension, engine and gearbox, ECU, hoses, rad, ancillaries.

Carbon bonnet and wheels will go to fund a runabout car while the project is on the go

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Dismantle & rebuild it. I have a nice looking titanium ph1 i'll be pulling to bits shortly to do the same. :approve: