ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio R26 Conversion

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm thinking about doing a turbo conversion on the Storm Grey 172 at some point once the R26 is fixed.

I've got a complete R26 head (assuming it's not needed for the R26), R26 hybrid turbo, R26 injectors, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, intercooler pipes, and decat downpipe.

I'll need an intercooler, oil/water lines to turbo, link to the 172 exhaust, and I guess an ECU?

I'd get the head and manifolds machined by ALD.

The 172 has a Cup alternator setup which should make routing the intercooler pipework easier.

Are there any other issues I haven't thought about? Does the dephaser/VVT have to be retained etc?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't bother with the R26 head, I'd keep the 172 head and cams then get a Gen90 ecu with a clio turbo base map. No need to mess around with wiring and the dephaser then, its all standard.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
It's a can of worms mate, the 225 inlet won't fit on a 172 head, if you fit the 172 inlet it fouls on the meg turbo.
Then which ever head you bolt the turbo too the down pipe hits the MC.

So the options are Clio head with vvt and custom inlet.
or Meg head, inlet and no vvt