ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Radio No Ignition Live?

2002 Clio 1.5 DCi
Hi all,

around last week my radio suddenly stopped coming on and off with the car as the car was turned o and off.

I assume that the radio is no longer getting an ignition live as if I put it on and go on a long journey after an hour the radio bleeps to tell me it is turning off (the standard time delay)

anyone know now why it would suddenly not be getting an ignition live?

could it be down to the earths on the car? The fog light on the dashboard is coming on also when I break and have read that it is due to bad earth connections but I can't see this being the reason why it would suddenly not get an ignition live feed.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

2002 Clio 1.5 DCi
Check fuses

That is something I never even thought if checking, I was thinking was going to have to replace key barrel or something

wluld the sale fuse effect the cigarette lighter, I have a feeling that may have stopped to when trying to use an fm transmitter in my phone

2002 Clio 1.5 DCi
Yeah so out a new fuse in, switched car on, switched radio on and turned car off and it worked :) the radio turned off

THEN

drove down to shop, stopped car and radio stayed on........ Fuse blew!!

something must be causing this for it to blow that quick, I just used the fuse that came spare with car in the cover of the lid unless they are that old and faulty

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Okay you've got something pulling too much current then, most likely something else running off the circuit which it's not rated for or a short to (+)

!!!DO NOT BANG A LARGER FUSE IN!!!

What have you actually done to the car electronics wise... don't be shy or afraid to tell the truth.

In situations like this you should undo the things you did last prior to the fuse going "pop" and then replace the fuse to see if the issue has been resolved. If not you will need to fault find the circuit as it could be a wiring issue or something like the cig lighter or even an illuminated vanity mirror causing the issue.

Mick

2002 Clio 1.5 DCi
Okay you've got something pulling too much current then, most likely something else running off the circuit which it's not rated for or a short to (+)

!!!DO NOT BANG A LARGER FUSE IN!!!

What have you actually done to the car electronics wise... don't be shy or afraid to tell the truth.

In situations like this you should undo the things you did last prior to the fuse going "pop" and then replace the fuse to see if the issue has been resolved. If not you will need to fault find the circuit as it could be a wiring issue or something like the cig lighter or even an illuminated vanity mirror causing the issue.

Mick

FIXED

turned out it was the fm transmitter which I've had for not even a year has gone faulty

thought it was something serious as the car is completly standard not a single mod done to it, just cost
me £1 in fuses to figure out it was the actual transmitter lol

thanks for your help