ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio SERV light constantly on

Ph1 1.2, Twingo GT
ive recently done a ph1 to ph2 dashboard conversion, all was well then i switched on the ignition, the SERV light came on, at first i didnt think anything of it, i just thought it needed a service, but iv recently read that its actually engine management. and i was just wondering, during the dash conversion i saw the ph1 paseenger air bag didnt fit under the ph2 dash so i left it out, silly of me i know but i got so far that i didnt want to swap it back, the airbag light is also on, could this also be the cause of the SERV light?
​any help appreciated.

MK6 Golf, BG 182 FF
Hi Joe,

The Serv light comes on along side the airbag light, only just got rid of mine after 11 months of owning the clio :p

So if I get an airbag resistor itll hopefully turn off?

Correct but the fact you have removed your airbag is the problem! Have you considered getting a ph2 airbag that would fit under the dash? This would make the lights go out, and also improve safety and potentially save your passengers life, if you're ever in a crash!

Correct but the fact you have removed your airbag is the problem! Have you considered getting a ph2 airbag that would fit under the dash? This would make the lights go out, and also improve safety and potentially save your passengers life, if you're ever in a crash!

IIRC you can fit a ph2 airbag as the the ph1 loom only has a one wiring connecter for airbag whereas ph2s have 2

Cheers
Scott

Ph1 1.2, Twingo GT
of course i would prefer to have an airbag underneath the dash, but i didnt have one at hand at the time, also i wanted to make sure a ph2 airbag would fit the dash, and by the sounds of it, it sounds like it doesnt.
thanks for the help both of you.

Megane dci 130
Phase 2 airbags are two stage (ie. 2 airbags) the phase one only is a single. So it won't fit.