ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio sunroof seals

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there has been a lot of posts about sunroofs and the non avaliability of seals.a sunroof frame seal is avaliable and it will fit all older clios as well.

sunroof frame seal(frame>vehicle roof) part number-7701044946 £30.41

jay

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

this is the seal that sits on the underside of the plastic outer roof frame.seals the outer frame to the vehicle roof.

The Jinx

Theres a seal that butts up against the inner side of the plastic frame and its wet between the two, but I cant see how it could not be wet.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

wet on the outside maybe but water shouldnt be able to fully penetrate it and get inside the car.

is that from renault? how do u put it on then? - do u have to pull the sunroof out (can this be edone and is it hard to do)

mine is letting water in - i think - from the sunroof although it is collecting at the top of the door pillars

i have already sealed up the aerial!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you have to remove the sunroof frame to be able to fit the new seal.you need to remove the old seal first as well.sunroof frame is held in by 16 10m bolts.remove the roof lining trim and pull down the roof lining slightly,you can now see all the 10m bolts.

The Jinx

Theres actually 3 seal apparently. This ones the cheapest of the 3. The frame is something like £75 and the one the glass rests on is £110! Although I dont think either of these need replacing.

Is this seal like a double sided sticky seal, as thats what it looked like on their pooter.

He said to try clearing the drainage holes first though. Do you know where they are?

Under the seal moss can grow, and this lifts teh edge and the wire/cable inder the seal lets water through, into the runenrs which collects in teh gutter ontop of the roof lights/remote locking sensor.

Quote: Originally posted by renaultsport83 on 04 February 2004
[/QUOTE]
i got in my car this morning and i could hear water running somewhere in my roof when i went round a corner! flipping strange!
thank god its not just mine then!! mine does exactly the same in mornings or when its been washed etc. always presumed its a drainage pipe that leads out somewhere safely i.e. not inside my car!

anyone know?

Quote: Originally posted by mike8579 on 04 February 2004

Which of the 3 seal is that Ben? Mines pissing through the roof console, or do they all do that anyway?
the one inbetween frame and shell......

Quote: Originally posted by Liam_Dynamique on 04 February 2004

thank god its not just mine then!! mine does exactly the same in mornings or when its been washed etc. always presumed its a drainage pipe that leads out somewhere safely i.e. not inside my car!
anyone know?
Ive had this problem as well always wondered where all the water I can hear is hidden.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

they,ve only got 2 seals.the part number i gave is for the frame to roof seal thats comes like a thick roll of tape.the glass seal can normally be sorted by it being cleaned and a small smear of grease put on it.if it has drainage holes they are at the front of the frame in the corners.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Liam_Dynamique on 04 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by renaultsport83 on 04 February 2004
i got in my car this morning and i could hear water running somewhere in my roof when i went round a corner! flipping strange!

anyone know?

[/QUOTE]that is normal due to there being water drainage channels in the sunroof.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

some early clios havent got them.they were introduced because of sunroof leaks.if they have got some the pipes attach to the front corners of the frame on the inside of the car.remove the sunroof interior trim and pull down the roof lining slightly to have a look.

So where exactly are the drainage pipes, where does it drain the water too,the exit..??????:confused: gonna have a look over the weekend......

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the drain pipes go down the windscreen pillars and drain either into the front wheel arches behind the plastic gaurd or into the scuttle panel area under the plastic windscreen trim.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by rwaterman on 06 February 2004

So where exactly are the drainage pipes, where does it drain the water too,the exit..??????:confused: gonna have a look over the weekend......
the front corners of the inner sunroof frame.

The Jinx

Had them cleaned on fri while it was at the garage, and it was still pissing in. So gave the seal that the glass sits on a quick wipe with WD40 and it seemed much better.

Upon closer inspection in daylight it seems that some numbnut has put silicon sealant near this bit that the glass sits on and consequently got a bit on top of the seal. As its decayed its presuambly not sitting flush to the glass properly.

Have pulled some of it off, but need to check it again when its not raining.