ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Tce - Injector light - limp mode

Good morning !

I'm hoping someone can share some advice, I've got a 1.2 Tce and coming back from a car meet, 5th gear 70mph all of a sudden my car goes into limp mode with an injector warming light, turn the engine off and back on its fine. Seems to only do it on a hill where the car is under load

Plugged my odb tool into it and no codes are found!

Spoke to a mechanic and he suggested to change the coil pack as injectors rarely go, changed them and it's still the same :(

Any help? If it is the injectors I'll just change them but I don't want to keep wasting money

Thanks!

Tricky to solve. I had a similar issue on my galaxy.
2l turbo diesel engine, the turbo vanes had clogged up with soot and s**t so when it was under load, motorways and hills especially it was trying to boost too much triggering a limp mode.
The only way I got a fault code was to leave the obd reader plugged in and scan it as it happened, can be tricky while driving but it wouldn't do it long enough to store a code otherwise.
Chucked some revive cleaner through the engine and sorted it straight away as there was loads of s**t from town driving and not enough long runs that was spewed out the back.
Or it could be an injector...

On 1*2s it does tend to be an injector but I couldn't say for the tce

Thanks for the comment! Could well be an injector as the 182 injectors fit straight in, may have a similar problem?

Tricky to solve. I had a similar issue on my galaxy.
2l turbo diesel engine, the turbo vanes had clogged up with soot and s**t so when it was under load, motorways and hills especially it was trying to boost too much triggering a limp mode.
The only way I got a fault code was to leave the obd reader plugged in and scan it as it happened, can be tricky while driving but it wouldn't do it long enough to store a code otherwise.
Chucked some revive cleaner through the engine and sorted it straight away as there was loads of s**t from town driving and not enough long runs that was spewed out the back.
Or it could be an injector...

I have used injector cleaner before, do reckon I should chuck another bottle in to see if that fixes it?

Car pulls fine in 3rd just not 4th and 5th going up hill. Very annoying

Yeah that's the point at which the engine is a starting to labour and needs more boost and fuel so that's why it s***s itself and goes into limp mode.
Might be worth getting it plugged into a proper diagnostic machine as the cheap obd readers can only get a stored code usually. Most places seem to charge about £40-£50.

Yeah that's the point at which the engine is a starting to labour and needs more boost and fuel so that's why it s***s itself and goes into limp mode.
Might be worth getting it plugged into a proper diagnostic machine as the cheap obd readers can only get a stored code usually. Most places seem to charge about £40-£50.
Getting it done on Friday just thought I could maybe get away with it without paying £50 from Renault

I'll put some injector cleaner into it can't hurt and it's only £3 per bottle, will let you know what happens

The cleaner I ran through the engine isn't injector cleaner it was to clean all the crap put of the turbo, egr and dpf. It's called revive. Got it from gsf with a discount code, about £50 for the kit, bottle, solution and an air freshener.
It breaks down all the soot and carbon build up. Chuck in through the air intake with the engine running at different speeds on the instructions. Google it, and it's on the YouTube.

The cleaner I ran through the engine isn't injector cleaner it was to clean all the crap put of the turbo, egr and dpf. It's called revive. Got it from gsf with a discount code, about £50 for the kit, bottle, solution and an air freshener.
It breaks down all the soot and carbon build up. Chuck in through the air intake with the engine running at different speeds on the instructions. Google it, and it's on the YouTube.

Oh okay, makes sense. Sounds very much like the engine carbon clean that can be done these days thanks for your help, will update if anything changes !

Clio 182 FF
Saying that you have injector light on at the same time. As stated above make sure a good diagnostics reader is used. Some of those universal eobd readers won't pick all the codes up.

Saying that you have injector light on at the same time. As stated above make sure a good diagnostics reader is used. Some of those universal eobd readers won't pick all the codes up.

Clutch is a little high but has never slipped and doesn't slip on 12 psi on the gears just goes into limp mode when it sees a hill. Very frustrating :/

I just went out in the car. Check all the spark plugs and they look ok, took all the coils off put them back. And sprayed all the connectors and the injectors with WD40, car hasn't gone into limp mode....

Will keep an eye on it over the next few days

took the car out just now for about 40 mins, didnt go into limp mode until 60mph... put injector cleaner as it was quick and cheap from Tesco in and limp mode would not come on, took it to 70mph up a hill in 5th and nothing...

Easy fix hopefully

Right I had the car plugged in to a proper machine and I got the code - DF569 which is boost pressure sensor circuit, which is the MAP sensor if I'm correct? Since this I've turned the boost down to factory level of 8 psi and I haven't managed to get the light to come on yet. I've spoke to a few people and they've said that it was throwing the light because I was running on 12 which is more then standard but the light first came on before I turned it up which is strange...

I also managed to get some Wynns petrol turbo cleaner, after that the car felt smoother which is a plus.