ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 test/track day - 2nd July

As advertised in EVO this month - RenaultSport track day with the opportunity to actually drive the new V6 at Bedford Autodrome, plus time in your own car. Just (finally) booked my place, all thanks to Jeremy Townsend!

Anyone from here going?

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Id dearly love to go, but as always its daaarn south.

Renault Sport just dont care about anybody who lives North of London.:(

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 26 June 2004
RenaultSport just dont care about anybody who lives North of London.:(

hmmmm, I thought bedford was north of london ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab

are you sure you are going on the 2nd, as the renault organised renaultsport one is on the 23rd?

https://secure.palmersport.co.uk/renaultsport/?JPMCode=renaultsport&ID=22176">https://secure.palmersport.co.uk/renaultsport/?JPMCode=renaultsport&ID=22176

maybe there is another one organised by evo aswell.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 26 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 26 June 2004

RenaultSport just dont care about anybody who lives North of London.:(
I bet its still jellied eels for dinner though, its that sodding close.:)

800 mile round trip for me. Fook that:sick:

hmmmm, I thought bedford was north of london ;)

Its =in addition= to the 23rd July day, and was an utter nightmare to book! 5 calls to the 0800 nos, five messages left, not one returned call. However, a quick word with Mr.T and its all sorted - nice one Jeremy (and a huge thankyou)!

After an appalling V6 test drive at my local garage itll be nice to get a proper go in the new V6. And they certainly gave it some stick up the hill at Goodwood today!

*WOW* What a day! The weather held off (just) and Renault had over ten Mk2 V6s there, including the only acid yellow one in the UK.

Everyone got two fast laps in the V6 with an instructor and then 15 minutes at the wheel driving it flat out round the track, with the instructor barking orders at you - faster, faster, faster, braaaaaaaake, power, power, power! Add to that an ABS demo in the V6 and a slalom challenge, plus an hour on track in your own car. Absolutely the best track day ever!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

cant wait for the 23rd now, are they going to have as many v6s at that one jeremy?

As a small aside, I personally found the West circuit very hard on the car (or it might just be me!). The Clio is always on the rev limiter between 2nd and 3rd round the twisty bits. The South-west track is, I think, more fun and more challenging plus its not so hard on the car....Ive bust a clutch and the brakes on the West track and nothing on loads of outings on the South-West setup! Just a thought....