ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio vs M3?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
kinda sucks being all spead up, but i guess it would be boring watching the entire race.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
On those types of roads a clio SHOULD be able to keep up with an M3 quite easily to be honest.

Narrow, twisty stuff, rather unsurprisingly, isnt a 1500kg, RWD cars, favourite hunting ground.

Vs?

TBH all I see is two cars out on the road together being driven dangerously. I suppose the M3 was meant to instantly pull away by 8 miles? Renault scalps another hyper car.

</cliosport>

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
i tried my 172 against an E46 M3 the other day, on a dual carriageway.

he was pulling away, but not as much as i thought he would, wanted to get him on the twisties, but too much traffic meant we could play

did get a thumbs up off him though as we went different ways!

Megane Mk4
Went on a CS Yorkshire meet a few years back and one of the CS members favoured his wifes M3 to his own 172 Cup, he ended up having to go home as the twisty back roads cooked his brakes. He couldn't keep up.

In a straight line though, M-series would make a Clio bend over with a tub of Vaseline on standby.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
On those types of roads a clio SHOULD be able to keep up with an M3 quite easily to be honest.

Narrow, twisty stuff, rather unsurprisingly, isnt a 1500kg, RWD cars, favourite hunting ground.

Thought i'd mention something else, seeing as everyone now thinks their clio is faster than an M3. With a good driver, or someone who can actually drive RWD quickly ...

An M3 would rip a clio a new ar53hole.

Hell, i could keep up with a lot of highly tuned 1*2's in my 328i Sport with 150k on it.