ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams Dimma - Good or Bad?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I realise the mileage isnt indicated, but looks like a good example or not? Has anyone had a Dimma before, and is it true that there are only around 6 Williams' models knocking about?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/79132.htm

Opinions would be appreciated, as the other half is wanting either a 106 GTI or one of these :D

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
if its mint its a nice car.If not it will be a dog with cracks all over the bodykit and wont line up properly.
I remember a cossie powered one years ago,that was nice

ian

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, the other cars on the drive look quite tasty too. Prefer the gold alloys to the powder coated black jobbies though

Golf R soon...
Scutch said:
I realise the mileage isnt indicated, but looks like a good example or not? Has anyone had a Dimma before, and is it true that there are only around 6 Williams' models knocking about?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/79132.htm

Opinions would be appreciated, as the other half is wanting either a 106 GTI or one of these :D

I would personally take the spoiler off. Get a more subtle looking front bumper and stick the gold alloys on it.

And knock him down a few hundered £'s

Lee

BMW M2C
From the pics it looks in good condition, and judging by the other cars on his drive way he's something of Renault enthusiast/trader. If it's not a long drive it's well worth a look.

I'd still prefer that white 106 GTi that's up for sale on here though, but that's just me.

I also heard somewhere about there only being 6 willy dimma's too, not sure if thats true though.

There was a dimma willy on ebay a while back (prob about a year now) that car had an ice instal in it too (a big install) I think it could be the same car.
Can you get any pics of the install etc ?

On another note I know the dimma's a rare car, but I'd rather have a standard looking williams tbh.

Clio 172 mk2
I had a Dimma 205 years ago and it was nice...the kit was fitted professionally so no cracks etc.

Not really my cup of tea now...I'd prefer a std one

that looks mint, fair enough folk dont like people ruining a williams, but looks awesome on the black wheels! :)

For me, the performance and handling is what makes the Williams..

And with those alloys, it'll take a serious blow :p

If my car didn't perform like it did, I'd have sold it months ago.. heh.

al

ST on the way...
I'd prefer the turbo.

79132-6.jpg

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
DazG said:
I would personally take the spoiler off. Get a more subtle looking front bumper and stick the gold alloys on it.

You wouldnt be able to use williams wheels on it, as the arches would be too big and the wheels look out of place. The original maxi kit rally cars could get away with larger 17 inch wheels to fill out the arches as they ran throttle bodies pushing our over 215 bhp. Also they had non standard suspension mounting pounts running a wider rear and front track.

People get away with 17's on dimma kits as they can space the wheels to fill the arches.

15's on a dimma / maxi just wouldnt work.

For a car to look good AND perform with a wide body kit like the Dimma or Maxi you need:

17 inch wheels which necessitates 220 bhp or there abouts
Non standard suspension mounting points
Magnesium wheels

Astra coupe
i have to say i love the dimma kits. If it was actually fitted by dimma aswell it should be all good. i'd say take a look. although 106 gtis are tastey.

DC2 Black Type Rx
Its also been knocking about for a while. Seen its a few months back now so maybe he would take a price drop to clear?????

Neil

Clio 172
I'm ummming and aahhhing about buying this, I love the way they look its the mileage thats putting me off, perhaps if I knocked him down a bit I might feel better :S

I used to see a williams dimma driving around in Rochdale/Littleborough quite a few years back (it must have been almost new). It looked so spunkalicious. I used to say "one day I'll own that car", but that was 10 years ago and there's better cars around now.

Every time I saw it I couldn't help but look and stare and imagine how lucky that b*****d was who owned it.

Red Clio 197 F1
Loved the Dimma's when they 1st came out, but looking at the Williams now, well it looks awful!!

I honestly wouldn't drive it even if you paid me!

Real waste of a cult classic - imo of course