ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Won't Start!!!

TDC sensor might be knackered. You can get a new one with wiring thingy for 40 quid from Renault. If there's a warning light on the dash then it might be that.

Il have a look later. She has a warrenty, she must be covered?

So spark plugs or TDC sensor? How do I test these? (No warning lights seen)

Combo
i had this problem, it turned over but wouldnt start, i tried checking the battery and even tried jump starting it and it wouldnt go so i took it to reno and they said it was the battery, i explained saying that it wasnt, but they put a new one in and it was fine! weird!

renault 5
Newbie here, my son has a 1.4rt 93ish , it died whilst goin along, and there is no spark, Am I right in thinking the TDC sensor is what Haynes call the flywheel sensor (thing with pink wire on the bellhousing)? What is the likelyhood of the Ign. module being at fault? (This has power going to it)

renault 5
Sorted, having read amusing thread from an impatient youth, I found out wher the TDC sensor was , then having found that I presumed that the wire was meant to be plugged in to it ........! Ta seeyou again next time

LY 182
tbh, how the hell can you even give "spark plugs" as a viable option when you dont even know the symptoms..

if i were to say "it could be a brake light bulb" that would be about as much help as guessing like that.

if it turns over but wont fire. check if its getting a spark and if its getting fuel.

tdc sensor is the common one but still it needs checking as it could be a number of things

1.2 Dynamique
sorry this is off topic abit, n also might be a dumb question, but
curiosity had got the better of me, does TDC= Top Dead Centre?