ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Xenon Lights?

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
A friend is looking for some aftermarket HID/Xenon lights for his CTR and wants to get as close to the brightness of the Cliosport headlights, does anyone know what watt bulbs are used, or what would be the closest match in aftermarket terms?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cant remember, its also pissing down outside lol. One thing to remember is they are behind a projuctor beam, so that also adds to the purple colour effect etc

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i think standard ones are 5k in my civic i had 6k which a have more of a blue/purble tint

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah, the lamps will produce a very clear light, the projector adds the rainbow effect. HID kits can come in various watts... the higher, the more 'purple' they go, but the higher the wattage doesn't mean the best light ouput iirc.... Sure someone could shed some 'light' on the matter

I'll get my coat :clown:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
oh i know it looks better with projectors. and like you say the higher k you go the less usable light there will be. i would go any higher than 6k imo