ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio's and Kids (Babys/Prams/Etc)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
How do all you parents with Clio 1*2's cope? The missus is due come Feb/March next year and im really trying to weigh up my options as to what to do with the 172, i.e keep it or buy a 5 door (Golf/A3 Sportback etc)

Any pictures of prams/baby seats in the car would be great!

Cheers, Danny!

53 Clio's & counting
It all falls down to which pushchair your mrs buys - if she buys a big one it will be a squeeze, a normal sized one will fit, and you will fit the various bags and bits and pieces around it or in the back.

To be honest the only time we struggled when Claire had her LY 182 was going away or doing a big shop - for day to day use it was fine.

Once Cady was out of her first car seat I find it easier in a 3 door, as lifting her into a seat it's far easier with the extra space with the front seat slid back, than having the fixed position of the front seat in a 5 door.

Does your mrs have a car matey? Or do you have to share the ph1?

pimp mobile Zafira
Clios can be as practical as any other car. I use the 182 as a family car and general every day car. I fit in at a squeeze 3 kids. 1 in a high back booster, 1 in a booster and the other in a rear facing seat. Also we've got a phil and teds sport buggy which isn't the smallest of things. When it was just the 2 kids the car was perfect and we did long trips to Disney with no problems with space at all. Not so sure it'll work that well with 3 mind.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Nice one guys.. Aye Russ i remember you telling me that actually!

She has a Pug 107 which i im honest has massive amounts of room for a mini hatch! The boot is rather none existent but the rear seats down and you're laughing - its more to weigh up costs really. I dont mind getting a 5 door car but i really think ill regret not having a 1*2 :eek:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've had our 2 in the back of my old 172 with big car seats. I wouldn't want to do it every day though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You already know my thoughts on this Daniel. Ironically it was a Clio I had when Milly was born. Was great.

Never owned a big car since Milly was born. 3 Pumas, Fiesta ST, Micra, now the TT.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not quite. The missus at the time had a 53 plate. Bought before I met her. Was just used as a skip really. No shame to it. Think it cost her a fortune!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
It can be done but you'll have to work with it. First year make sure you get a baby seat with a fixed base isofix ideally as its easier and more secure. Just make sure both you and Mrs can reach thru the seat with the chair comfortably.

The next stage seat. If your like me and over 6 foot you may need to move your seat forwards more than you want as the seat moves little one forwards more. When there 3 you'll be ok again.

Pram wise look for something like the quinny it folds up tiny whereas something like a bugaboo you'll really struggle with.

Brand wise maxi cosi are great seats really last well and good quality.

Oh last thought the only bad thing about any 3 door car comes when fixing any seat in with the seat belt as its an effort to get enough leverage but its ok just not as easy as a 4 door.

Give me a shout if I can help further

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We had a clio when alf was born and it was fine. Pushchair fits nice, seat fitted nice, plenty of room.

I see no need for people to panic and go out and buy a Scenic/Zafira like they do.

Granted if you are going away as a family for a week you'll need something a bit bigger but how often do families do that? 2/3 times a year tops?

Just keep the clio and see how you get on. At least you can sell it and buy something else. If you sell it now you can't buy it back when you realise you don't need a bigger car.

Oh, and we've had all sorts of pushchairs from £400 mama&papa ones to £25 market ones. The £25 market ones are lighter, easier to fold and smaller in the boot. Every time.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Cheers guys! Lots of help in here!

I would rather keep the Clio like you say Dan then sell it pushed comes to shove...!

I did see a nice Mk5 GTi with all the deairable options which i liked but then it is 8k...!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i know you asked about 1*2s but for anyone wondering about mk3s... its a definate no no with recaros.

its hard enough getting adults in the back. f**k trying to fit a child in one!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You don't want to be unhappy in the car you have mate. The golf is hardly a bad car right enough! Good example of a good compromise. At least it's not a Picasso!

A child comes first but as stupid as it sounds you need to be happy! A new child can be proper stressful!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cheers guys! Lots of help in here!

I would rather keep the Clio like you say Dan then sell it pushed comes to shove...!

I did see a nice Mk5 GTi with all the deairable options which i liked but then it is 8k...!

You're minted so don't worry about £8k.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
I found my 172 no problem with 2 kids, both of them would squeeze into the boot no problem if i needed to get the dog in too. Strapped the buggy to the top of the roof with rope and away i went. Jobs a good un :)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
You should get a 5dr Mk5 GTi or Mk4 5dr R32.. Not like you can't afford it. ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
i know you asked about 1*2s but for anyone wondering about mk3s... its a definate no no with recaros.

its hard enough getting adults in the back. f**k trying to fit a child in one!

Away man. I am the prime example of that being bullshit! Have you seen the seats in the Frp? And the TT for that matter!

Slide the seat forward the tilt. Plenty of space to get a kiddy/seat/adult in the back!

Oh and don't do what all the retards do... Like the guy at my work. Ordered £500 worth of travel system from M&P's, didn't fit in his car. Change of car time!

Buy the stuff to fit round your car not the other way round. :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Away man. I am the prime example of that being bulls**t! Have you seen the seats in the Frp? And the TT for that matter!

Slide the seat forward the tilt. Plenty of space to get a kiddy/seat/adult in the back!

Oh and don't do what all the retards do... Like the guy at my work. Ordered £500 worth of travel system from M&P's, didn't fit in his car. Change of car time!

Buy the stuff to fit round your car not the other way round. :)

no, but this thread is about clios :rasp:

tbh it may just be my car... my passanger recaro is a pain in the arse to move forward. I did try to get a box (which couldnt be bigger than a baby seat) in the back of my car and it barely fit

TT's have rear seats?! :eek:

got pics of the frp seats/TT rear seats?

My daughter comes with me in the ph1 her car seat fits perfectly with no problems what so ever!! Push chair also goes in the back with no problem.... Granted Lilly is 3 and a half now and very rarely goes in the pushchair anymore but it still fits in if I need it!!

The other option is stripping the back out, putting the rear facing newborn seat in the passenger seat and leaving your missus at home.... This will leave you space for the shopping, push chair and ultimately save you money in the super market!

Winning?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
TT...

7728208886_6361a05233_z.png

Untitled by gally.., on Flickr

Frp...

7728210364_a164de06aa_o.png

Untitled by gally.., on Flickr

The Clios both have waay more space than the 2 above.

Focus Tit Est & R26
is the clio for you or the mrs as a daily drive?
if its yours and you can put up with a bit of back ache and stretching then the Clio is fine
our 172 is the wifes daily and when you have a rear facing child seat in the back it can take some effort to get the seat through the gap and onto the isofix base, especially as the child gets older and heavier. it didnt bother me mind, but from a womans point of view it can be a pain
so now our son is in a forward facing seat i have moved it to the front passanger seat, turned the airbag off and its now really easy for the Mrs to get him in and out :)
as far as prams go, the boot will take one easily with bags and all that crap on top of it. most larger prams allow you to take the wheels off anyway if its a bit tight getting in