ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport drivers

I've seen a few more of them about, but not many of them are chavs. Even the ones that looked like they are were driving sensibly. As said hopefully the insurance keeps the majority from buying them.

Focus ST-2
I only know two young lads that have them round here and that's me and my brother we're 23 and 21, we tend to pussy foot around in them 99% of the time. There are a handful knocking about round here but they're normally driven by people 30+, there's an Iceberg 172 round here driven by a bloke who must be mid 70's and it's pristine.

My brother is in the army and he did say that down south where he's based it does attract unwanted attention from people wanting to race him.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Theres 4 in a 10miles area of me and they are all c***s that sit on peoples bumpers, wanting to race everyone, 90% of the time they are parked at mcdonalds..

Giulietta 940
None around in Tendring (Essex). Only get nobs in Fiesta STs sitting on my bumper. I've only seen one 182 being driven irresponsibly (tailgating, undertaking etc.) and that was by some 50+ year old dude.

As for SE London, there's nowhere to drive fast :rasp:

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
My local asda has an understore car park and rarely is a clio sport seen amongst the chavs, mainly Fiesta ST's, KA's, saxo's and more recently an Audi R8 and a LY Megane.

Lionel Richie
there's a few neds round here with them, one came in yesterday with a dephaser that was rattling its **** off, i quoted him the normal £665 to fix it

he said that was too much, and then proceeded to ask if i'd do it for £150 cash if he goes and gets the bits from the scrappy, SERIOUSLY, he was going to get a 2nd hand cambelt kit and dephaser and then expected me to fit it! jog on

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Round here its Fiesta STs and Focus ST/RS's driven by pumped up body builder types who seem too big to fit in the car properly. Giving everyone "aggro" stares

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
there's a few neds round here with them, one came in yesterday with a dephaser that was rattling its **** off, i quoted him the normal £665 to fix it

he said that was too much, and then proceeded to ask if i'd do it for £150 cash if he goes and gets the bits from the scrappy, SERIOUSLY, he was going to get a 2nd hand cambelt kit and dephaser and then expected me to fit it! jog on
FPMSL!

I seen 900 Focus RS' yesterday.

Don't see that many (which is odd cos I should see loads judging from the amount of people on here) and the ones I do see tend to be driving by younger guys but not chavs IMO.

120d M Sport
Yup. You get all these people buying them now that call them a 'Cliosport'

They clearly have no idea.

I'd personally be very likely to cringe at someone who called it a Renaultsport Clio 172, in person, in public.

Cliosport is what most people outside of this forum call them, but then again to many that is a distant world lol!

I confess to occasionally referring to it as a "cliosport" when with "non-car" friends :eek: ... oh and sometimes I frequent Supermarkets as well (for shopping purposes only).

On a serious note, I see very few about and never being driven by idiots. I still think that insurance prices keep very inexperienced drivers from 1*2's and as much as I would have loved one when I was younger, I am very glad that I can only afford to insure and run one now I have 5 years driving under the belt.

172 cup
I'd personally be very likely to cringe at someone who called it a Renaultsport Clio 172, in person, in public.

Cliosport is what most people outside of this forum call them, but then again to many that is a distant world lol!

I have tried to use this as a chat up line in the past - its lost on most guys!!! People would relate to Cliosport more imo

Why would you need to say all that? Just say you have a Clio.

Calling it a ClioSport might be easier but it's wrong.

120d M Sport
I get the impression some folk on here do! I have seen your particular car referred to as an 'RS-one' by folk at times lol, that sounds more like a rapper than a car.

I suppose so but thats just how it is, it's hardly heresy!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
"Normal" folk don't know the difference between a clio, RenaultSport Clio or a cliosport, people keep thinking the fiat punto at work is my clio because it's also orange.

Giulietta 940
When I'm asked "What car do you have?" I usually respond a "A Clio 182"... to be greeted with a blank stare. I usually just stick to "A Clio" now.

Westy. MX5
Plenty of chavs around me with 1.2's. The same thing is happening with Skoda Fabia VRS's acording to Briskoda Forum.

Giulietta 940
Plenty of chavs around me with 1.2's. The same thing is happening with Skoda Fabia VRS's acording to Briskoda Forum.

Serious? Here in Essex its only the oldies with VRSs. Then again, most people in Tendring are retired I think...

fair few 182s near me they always flash or wave but never seen or heard of them on here.

there is one complete **** in netherton down the road in a bg182 who thinks that he has to always bounce it off the limiter in every gear.

oh no lie either he wears a burberry cap flippin nob cheese

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
i dont get why people complain about the 1*2 being called clio sports? Isn't the site called 'cliosport'?

Westy. MX5
Serious? Here in Essex its only the oldies with VRSs. Then again, most people in Tendring are retired I think...

Oldies with VRS's, You talking about me kid. Seriously there are lots of 19+ kids on our Briskoda forum, and many in there 60's. All in all a very wide age range.

Giulietta 940
Oldies with VRS's, You talking about me kid. Seriously there are lots of 19+ kids on our Briskoda forum, and many in there 60's. All in all a very wide age range.

My apologies :eek: I'm surprised to be honest, Skodas obviously have a certain "rep" about them (classed along with Volvos etc.), so I didn't think teenagers would be going for them. They are very nice cars though, my boss has one and it is a pleasure to sit in (unlike the Clio...).

200 FF Storm Grey
i dont get why people complain about the 1*2 being called clio sports? Isn't the site called 'cliosport'?

It's what I refer to it as, hardly matters I suppose.

You get the odd chump in a 1.6 sport claiming to have a clio sport

What's wrong with parking at a supermarket, does this suddenly make you a chav nowadays?:S

I don't mean doing the big weekly shop I mean loitering around driving around in circles with a "zorst" thinking they are cool. Definatley much be something in the water around here that breeds chavs lol

I call mine a Clio 182. Those who know nothing of these matters just hear "Clio" and that's fine. Those who do, will know what I'm talking about with the "182" bit.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Fact of the matter is every car has its chav owners, yet people only call certain cars chav cars - f**k nos why. Because ireland chavved up a conti GT i spose they are chav now too?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Rarely see them, and I travel around all the time due to my job but I did see one today with blue LED sidelights.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Just because a Zetec S is a known chav mobile, no need to be so touchy :p

Doesnt take away the fact they are great cars to drive, if you let the fact some chav owns one puts you off buying a good car (impreza, evo etc) then its your own problem (not urs in particular, just in general)

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
I think all car makes and models have w**ks driving their cars, and nobody on here can say they havnt booted their Clio now and again, it's the main reason you buy a "cliosport".
With everything, you'll always find a few idiots in the group.