ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport.net Project Cars Time Trial Challenge - December

Clio 182 Trophy
1:10:027
Time slowly coming down. To me it feels really sudden from loads of grip to sliding out of control... is that what I get for using a pad?

My official time so far is a 1:08.6xx, cant remember the exact time but its there on the PS4 leaderboards. I'll have a go a changing the set-up to see if I can get in the 1:07s...should be doable TBH as the standard one is a bit meh!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
#1 on the leaderboards, nice! What wheel are you using?

I think I still need to do a bit more tweaking of my wheel settings.

I think it must be a fairly unpopular track/car combo as I literally haven't played the game since it came out and I only did the Clio Cup lol. This should help me get some use out of it!

Fanatec CSR
CSR Shifter Set
Clubsport Pedals V1
Nexus 7 with HUD Dash

All bolted to some chopped up kitchen cabinet with a Punto seat attached to it. Needs carpet/vinyl to finish it off.

Goliath I
Managed a 1.09.387 and I really don't think I can get anymore out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Oh my christ I hate this combo.

The E30... you turn in, f**k all. Take your foot right off the throttle to shift the weight forward and force it to turn, f**k all. Understeers like a pig. You get it pointed at the exit, great, get the power down. 0.002 degree slide requires 340345830 turns of lock to correct. You, by some miracle, save it, get the car pointing straight with the wheel straight, and it just goes straight into a slide using some mythical magical force.

The track... Those two corners you start from, the right left. f**k those corners. Up until that point, I'm ahead of Jonnio (I'm using his ghost), then 999999/1000000 I reach those corners and either understeer straight off the first one or pirouette off the second.

10.452, I'm just gonna wait for next month. /ragequit

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Oh my christ I hate this combo.

The E30... you turn in, f**k all. Take your foot right off the throttle to shift the weight forward and force it to turn, f**k all. Understeers like a pig. You get it pointed at the exit, great, get the power down. 0.002 degree slide requires 340345830 turns of lock to correct. You, by some miracle, save it, get the car pointing straight with the wheel straight, and it just goes straight into a slide using some mythical magical force.

The track... Those two corners you start from, the right left. f**k those corners. Up until that point, I'm ahead of Jonnio (I'm using his ghost), then 999999/1000000 I reach those corners and either understeer straight off the first one or pirouette off the second.

10.452, I'm just gonna wait for next month. /ragequit

Not just me that hates this then 😂

DCi
I don't find it that bad at all but wheel and pedals probably helps over a pad going from lock to lock in the space of an inch...

Listerine & Poledo
I like this track.
Admittedly, I'd have preferred the C course, but it's hilarious the amount of grasscrete you can use and still only be marginally slower.

Clio 182 Trophy
I like this track.
Admittedly, I'd have preferred the C course, but it's hilarious the amount of grasscrete you can use and still only be marginally slower.
I was using someone's ghost yesterday and he takes the last corner about half a mile wide

Clio 182 Trophy
IMAG0751_zpsplof22mt.jpg

1:09.400​

mk1 Octavia VRS
Just got back from holiday and thought I'd have another crack at improving my time but it's not happening yet. Getting close to a rage quit!

I've changed the setting on the car to make the steering rack as quick as possible but I still have to put a silly amount of lock on to get round the tight corners with my G29. Seems that no matter what you set the car to, it's still using all 900 degrees of the wheel's axis.

Just got back from holiday and thought I'd have another crack at improving my time but it's not happening yet. Getting close to a rage quit!

I've changed the setting on the car to make the steering rack as quick as possible but I still have to put a silly amount of lock on to get round the tight corners with my G29. Seems that no matter what you set the car to, it's still using all 900 degrees of the wheel's axis.

Can you not adjust the dead zone?

In my experience you've got to calibrate twice in those situations - firstly in the Logitech controller software, then the game again.

Clio 182
I don't even remember the last time I played project cars, probably not too long after it first came out. Had such a large update to even give this a go!
30938181473_bb41a60e2b_c.jpg

Feels so weird in comparison to forza, had to change controller settings part way through as I could barely turn the car in some corners
(no assists I believe)

mk1 Octavia VRS
Can you not adjust the dead zone?

Is it calibrated as per the on screen instructions in game, Tom?

In my experience you've got to calibrate twice in those situations - firstly in the Logitech controller software, then the game again.

Cheers guys - I will try again. Previously I calibrated it in game without turning the wheel to full lock.

Just seems that changing the steering rack ratio in game doesn't have any effect - bit of a pain to re-calibrate the wheel to suit a certain car/track rather than just change the setup of the car to suit.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys - I will try again. Previously I calibrated it in game without turning the wheel to full lock.

Just seems that changing the steering rack ratio in game doesn't have any effect - bit of a pain to re-calibrate the wheel to suit a certain car/track rather than just change the setup of the car to suit.

The first bit of the wheel calibration you turn it all the way to the left OR right. Then the second bit you turn it until it reads 900° exactly and hold in that position whilst confirming the setup.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Got know where near this month unfortunately, 1:10 something I think.

Let's get January going!