ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunking noise a bit like when TC kicks in.

Clio
Right, I've been having a problem last week or so that when i pull away on a hill or pretty sharpish in first or second I get a sound like the TC is kicking in. Thats the only way I can explain it but its not.

It is a bit juddery and I don't really feel anything when I'm letting the clutch up. Once I'm going and I'm off it seems to run fine changing gear and that.

The car is knocking on 96k on the original clutch.

Is this likely to be a clutch going? In for an MOT Monday, will they pick up on this or pass anyway?

I know naff all about cars so might not be the best description. Sorry.

Any advice would be great. I've been taking the car to the same place for a decade now but I've not been so trusting with them last 18 months or so with the various cars.

Cheers
Pete

Clio
Ta Dan would make sense actually. Expensive?

Danny my friend, Only got the 172 now mate. Sold the Vee last May. But in answer to your question I would drive the 172 in this weather I never actually used the Vee really. Probably 6 or 7 times a year at most.

Clio
Actually i might have sold it two years ago I can't remember:eek:

The one thing I would say is don't look at the stats against a 172 it is a whole different car.

It pulls from any gear at any rev range and will wipe the floor with a 172 on normal roads in the dry (and wet if you could drive I wasn't confident enough). If I didn't need a practical car I'd have another tomorrow but my situation with not having anywhere at my house to park it and the hassle of having to travel up the rents to swap the cars over an that. Just wasn't worth it.

The handling myths are rubbish aswell. In the wet you'd expect it and in the dry you'd need to be over stepping by silly silly amounts to do any damage on a normal road.

If you want something stupid quick don't do it, if you want something that makes you smile do it. I can't say if I did it now I'd go for a ph1 or ph2. At the time the ph2 was 5-6k more and was not worth it imo.

Just do it.