ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch cable......snap...dam

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
last night was pulling up to a roundabout and as i released off the clutch, bang....it snapped rolled into the exit of the roundabout and stopped, had to get some mates from the pub oppisite to push me into the car park

down the garage today.......more money

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Shouldnt be to bad mate.
Better it happend near home,rather than nxt week down on the airstrip.
Lucky you had some mates nearby!

Mine went on the roundabout coming off the M25 to join the A12 - had to abandon it on the verge and ring the AA, dammit! lol

Then Mr Clutch have taken 4 days to get round to doing it, blaming it on Lookers Chelmsford for not actually ordering the part on monday, when asked... (which I can believe.)

Hopefully getting it back today so better not be too expensive!

Valver
Whatever you do, get a genuine Renault clutch cable, otherwise you'll have to use both legs when trying to press the pedal down...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
its in the garage already being done....i would of done it myself but am staying at mates at uni and can't get home without car which is near home so garage can do it........

pain in the arse though

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
its not that hard to fit yourself really :)

and yes make sure its a proper reno one or it wont last long!!

and also make sure there is plenty of grease round where it goes through the bulkhead as this is where they tend to rub, before fraying and then snapping!!

Well, after it took a week to get done due to useless f**kers renault chelmsford failing to order the cable when asked on monday, I'm now £130 lighter of wallet... :rolleyes:

Plus it decides to not go into reverse sometimes so I have to switch off, put it in gear and then restart...

Fecking cars!

thats eactly what happened to me and for some reason when its cold all the gears work fine and then when the car warms up

all the gears start to go funny and like u i have to switch the car off to put in reverse

please let me know when urs gets better,

i think it will go back to normal after a couple of weeks, i think mine was grinding into reverse for a while after mine was done, ok now tho

cool just a bit worrying

as i dont wanna mess up my gear box, as that would be more expensive

was thinking of going K-Tec for a new cam belt, and thought i might as well get a new clutch too

6secClio said:
cool just a bit worrying

as i dont wanna mess up my gear box, as that would be more expensive

was thinking of going K-Tec for a new cam belt, and thought i might as well get a new clutch too

wise decision about the camblet, my williams is lying abandoned up the road from my house and i have no f'n money to fix it :(

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i spoke to them and they said they fitted the new cable but there was another problem they said there was a problem in the quadrant, somewhere were the cable goes into..oh well

guys try selecting first gear and then reverse...may work better

ah ah cool might try that

cheers for that advice

is there anything else i should get done while my engine is out with the clutch and cambelt being done?