ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Cost

Fiesta ST2 MP215
As Friday isn't a busy day though i'd get round to looking at sorting my clutch out ( pops out of gear if you gun it in 1st )

I have seen costs of £350 for a replacement job, GSF charge £165 for a premium kit as they call it, but I checked this place out carparts4less and they have the Valeo kit for £100.80 all in.

Is the Valeo one THE one to use? seems like a very good price if so with 48hr delivery via UPS.

And does anyone know where to get Driveshaft gaiter clips from, I called SMC Renault in Weybridge and they said all they'd use is a Jubilee clip, which surely will pinch the gaiter? I need one for NS outer.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I thought that but all other gears are fine, if you drop to 1st from 2nd and kill it it doesn't happen, only when carrying the weight of the car from a standstill. clutch bearing sounds like a spaceship also ( only way I can describe it, Simpsons style flying saucer )

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have hose clips on my car which i got from Halfords, they are fine.
Ive been told that Euro car parts sell the clips.

G/box popping out of gear would suggest a problem with the box its self, having a clutch problem would only slip. I.E the revs would rise but the car speed wouldnt.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Nothing knocks to point to a mount, done all the tests I could possibly find listed on here.
Given they are quite strong is there a way to check if i go through the hassle of taking them off to inspect? besides the rot they will no doubt be covered in what can I look for?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
Euro car parts have upto 30% off clutchs this weekend. When my dogbone bush was worn would jump out of 1st when pulling away and sometimes 3rd bush looked fine but sorted the problem after i replaced it.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
No I dont wheelspin I run street legal semi slicks and ive never been able to.
I've got a dog bone mount with the powerflex bush just boyed it off for months as really cba to do it, was told it stops gear stick flapping like a mk1 clio. I'll give that a go and see what happens.

If not im working in Bristol on the 11th June I'll give you a call prior Dan to arrange if thats ok.

Thanks for the advice.

182cup & 172 racecar
I thought that but all other gears are fine, if you drop to 1st from 2nd and kill it it doesn't happen, only when carrying the weight of the car from a standstill. clutch bearing sounds like a spaceship also ( only way I can describe it, Simpsons style flying saucer )

​I would suspect gearbox by the looks of your driving.