ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch for my cup racer.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Hi,

Need to replace the clutch on my ex cup racer, Can anyone recomend me a decent race clutch? Mine just had a helix organic fitted as the previous owner didnt like the paddle clutch, So i dont know what it would of had.

Thanks

Mike.

Lionel Richie
they originally used the alcon unit, but these had a habit of self destructing, they then moved to Helix paddle units, some ran qartermaster (i think) units also

Clutchnet produce the current X85 paddle clutches. They're okay if you're doing under 6 hour races. Mardi Gras/BPM have their own friction material they run on the clutch net paddle which is good for 24 hour weekends in one hit but does shorten the flywheel life.

alien green rs133
it came from palmers so probs give them a ring, gonna drop it out so have something to look at when on the phone to them.

DCi 100
On the topic, how much do the seq boxes in the Cup racers go for? Do they come with the ex cars or are they converted back to standard box before sale?

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
So im probably better off going with the helix then? The Alcon is rather expensive and i dont fancy shelling out a load for something that might blow my bell housing to pieces.

Where would you recomend getting the helix from?

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Yep just had a look on there website they actually list it for the race car. So ill give em a ring. Thanks