ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch fork replacement

Following on from my clutch issue on my Ph1 I have just released the clutch cable from the box end and the fork is just wobbling around like it's snapped off, I can move it in every direction.

Is it a box out job to replace? I was hoping not but I think I can guess the answer!

clio 182
I doubt very much the fork will have snapped. if anything the tangs off the release bearing snap which makes it fall apart in the bell housing. I never understood why Ren don't make this part better.. unfortunately for you it is a box off job to replace.
The clutch cable pulls the fork tight to the pressure plate and without it connected it will wobble round a bit. Should be a gaiter on there too. Hope this helps.

I doubt very much the fork will have snapped. if anything the tangs off the release bearing snap which makes it fall apart in the bell housing. I never understood why Ren don't make this part better.. unfortunately for you it is a box off job to replace.
The clutch cable pulls the fork tight to the pressure plate and without it connected it will wobble round a bit. Should be a gaiter on there too. Hope this helps.
Yeh massive help cheers, With the cable disconnected it moves a lot which is where my noise is coming from its the metal fork catching on the spinning clutch.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position for it to be worth splitting the box as it's a second car, the wife does around 15 miles a week in so I suppose it's a spares or repair job now :-(

If you pulled it out of the box as such, then you'll have lost it's position on the release bearing. It won't do it on its own.

O.K cheers for the help I'll have another look but I suppose what ever the problem it needs splitting now :-(