ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch is realy heavy

my clutch is realy heavy and bites right at the top of the peddle, it isnt slipping at all and the cars on 40,000 how can i make it easier to use? is there some kind of cable adjustment?

Diaphram spring clutches, as I believe all modern cars use, tend to slip very suddenly. The time span between ok-slipping-buggered is quite short, so yours could be near the end of its life by the sounds of it.

my car has exactly the same problem. high biting point and very stiff pedal. However i had a garage test the clutch and they said it is fine. Doesnt slip or anything.

Its the clutch..

Mines very stiff.. snapped a cable other week. New cable made it a bit better but its stiff as a board now again.
Needs a new one, heh.

i was thinking maybe theres some sort of adjuster to pull the cable in so it bites lower, and them some grease on it to make it less stiff.. can i adjust the cable on it?

RS4

my clutch was very very heavy, high biting point, an so on when i first got my car, 2001 clio, i took it to renault under warranty, and the buggers jus told me nuthing was wrong, 1 month later, my clutch is completely gone, and guess what, warranty has run out:mad: