ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch pedal help

Clio 182
Its a weird one cant work it out, my clutch pedal is a bit stiff and biting point is near top, the problem is the adjuster, if i put the clutch down and rev the engine hard i get a shaky feeling on pedal and a click? And the biting point is higher, so then i reset it and back to normal, how come the ratchet mechanism slips a tooth or so just by revving an engine with the clucth down to the floor??? It even happens in neutral! Weird!! It dosent happen if i drop clucth or anything else..

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like the pressure plate is old and the clutch pedal, if it is indeed "slipping" has been damaged due to the heavy clutch actuation. This will need replacing also.

Clio 182
Sounds like the pressure plate is old and the clutch pedal, if it is indeed "slipping" has been damaged due to the heavy clutch actuation. This will need replacing also.
Thanks bud, but i though 182 clutches were suppose to be quite heavy..

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not at all but everyone thinks that, until they have a new clutch fitted. They're actually a nice, balanced weight but age/wear causes the pressure plate to stiffen up. When they get too stiff the clutch cable and ratchet mech can suffer.

Clio 182
Thanks A lot mate, iv driven 172 and it was light, but with 100% of the internet saying its a hard clucth and its normal i just though id have to live with it.. Will fit a new one soon,, thanks again