ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch pedal stickng really annoying!

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
Hi guys,

I have read alot through the search function but im getting alot of diffrent things and confused now. The problem is the clutch pedal tends to act as though its sticking(going stiff) when im pulling away and its making me kangaroo the car alot and something stall.
When depressing the pedal just before biting point i goes dead stiff. I personally think its in the pedal mechanism i.e if its dry and tends to get worse once warm. There isnt an issue as such its just very annoying. I have read that changing the clutch cable can sort it and other people have said take the clutch mechanism apart and regrease it. Its an absolute nightmare if your trying to nudge forward.
Could someone clear this up for me as its really annoying now and only had the car 2 weeks. The car is brilliant otherwise and i hope i can get this sorted.

Cheers chaps!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Which car are we talking about here, the 172 Cup or the R26 as one is cabled and the other is hydraulic? I'm assuming its the Clio being as you're asking on CS.

Has it had a clutch cable recently as the routing could be wrong (Or it could be a crappy universal cable rather than a genuine unit)? Have you tried disconnecting the cable from the box end and tried pulling it by hand to see if it feels rough or difficult to actuate yet? If not, try it first as the bit where you say its gets worse when warm makes me think its possibly the pressure plate.

Mick

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
Hi Mick yes it's the Clio.sorry for not stating. Ye the more I think about it, it's more likely the clutch plate. I'll try the cable first as it's never been changed. It's only about 30. If it's the pressure plates does that mean clutch out job and get it changed?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
IF it's the pressure plate then yes it's a new clutch job... but that's IF. Try feeling the cable out as above first and if it feels anything but smooth check the routing and/or replace the cable with a genuine Renault unit.