ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers for road use!!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
i have vmaxx and they are ok for road use but are bumpy. having been out in clios that have better coilovers for not much money and the difference is noticable. you are better off saving your money and waiting untill you can afford better ones imo.

Listerine & Poledo
Are you after looks over comfort?
Do you want to lower more than springs will allow?

For road use, I'd have thought a set of springs over a good set of OEM dampers would be the best compromise.
Opinions are divided on the subject though, as all the above proves.

172/1.2/E30
I'd go for a set of AP coilovers. Quite reasonable and really "comfy". No uber sic lowz though. But German quality ;)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
of the 2, Vmaxx are better, but more money. Neither should be used on track, but either is actually ok (and note, this does not mean excellent) for road use

save up and get as good as you can afford. What you like from suspension can be quite personal. The spax kits we sell are deliberately more comfortable than standard, but give you a lot of confidence by feeling very flat through corners once correctly setup for your car.

Worth remembering that all cars are not the same, and a stripped out car will behave very different to a fully trimmed one, so you need to consider adjustability when choosing

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Im lost on what to go for at the moment. I have fresh dampers and sportlines but coming from a coilovered car they still feel a but soft for me. I just want something for fast road but there seems to be no compromise between shite and then almost track setup.

Listerine & Poledo
How much speed do you actually want to try and carry around country roads?

Personally I see no sense in modifying a car to be a road-warrior, the driver builds a sense of confidence in their new handling (whether it's a true gain or not) only to go around that blind bend 15mph faster and come face-to-face with a tractor.

I can kind of understand lowering for the sake of cosmetics, but to try and build a road-racer in this age of cameras, litigation and congestion, it sounds like a recipe for a write off.

But I'll stop being negative about it now, it's all up to the individual, it's their car after all

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I mean fast road in a loose sense. I dont mean a setup so i can drive like a nob on the UK roads. I'm 26 not 18. I mean a setup which feels good on a daily basis but you can push and have confidence in. I am planning a few track days but really nothing serious and i commute in the car daily.

260% JCW
I think you'd be better off with a set of Konis and some sportlines, unless you want the "low" look at a budget price.

K-craps will give you the chav "ultra low" look if that's what you're after.

260% JCW
I mean fast road in a loose sense. I dont mean a setup so i can drive like a nob on the UK roads. I'm 26 not 18. I mean a setup which feels good on a daily basis but you can push and have confidence in. I am planning a few track days but really nothing serious and i commute in the car daily.

Koni adjustables with eibach springs, epic set up.

Listerine & Poledo

PHEW!

I getcha.

If those Spax ones are as previous post mentioned, they sound like a good compromise. No sense building a track-biased motor if you need to be able to negotiate potholes, snow drifts etc.