ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

COILOVERS HAVE ARRIVED!!!!

Lionel Richie

My new FK Automotive coilovers have now arrived!!!!! Ive just put the back on before college (havent had time to do the front yet) and ITS SO BLOODY LOW!!!!! You can only see about 1cm of the tyre side wall LOL!!!!!!!!!

Pictures will be up later!!!!

hahaha, nice Fred!

Seriously thinking about coilovers for mine - means I can set it low enough so I can still get up Multistoreys (which I need) but have it lower than it is now - also the handling should be a lot better!!

Get pics up! And We want a full report of the handling too!

Daz.

Fred, we must see and hear more about these!!! 1cm of the tire wall... that must be f***ing low!!! Are the wheels not touching the tops of the inner arches when it goes down that low? the moment you announce that you can drop the car 100mm+ with 4 passengers and a bootful of ICE and still get no scrubbing on the arches Im placing an order for some custom coilovers!!

Lionel Richie

ERM, sorry guys, no pics today, ive made the car too low so i couldnt get to Roamers for the pics to be taken!!!!!!

Its scrrubbing on the rear arches slightly when i go round corners, BUT it scrubs most of the time on the front arch liners!!!! (and i mean all the time!!!!)

The back seats are now useless cos itll scrub if i have any rear passengers

Everyone keeps looking as i drive by cos they can hear it scrubbing!!!!

Its so cool!!!!

Revels Mum & Sister

Everyone keeps looking as i drive by cos they can hear it scrubbing!!!!

Its so cool!!!!

Mate no offence low is cool. But how can that be cool. They probably think your car is falling apart. Wait until you hit a massive pothole and tear a chunk out your tyre. Or you rip your backbox off on a bump hehe

Sometimes there is a too low!!

But isnt that the beauty of adjustable ride height coilovers? If this is a little too low he can jack it up 5mm to 95mm and see if that reduces the rubbing... if he needs some back seat passenger space he can crank it up a few mils again...

yea, if he carrys to tools around and can be arsed to change it twice a day!!!

i cant be arsed to do most stuff.....yet alone jack the suspension about!

that sounds totally lame!!!!!

hahaha.....but big balls.......bet they are scraping too!

just put the tools on, rig it up to some sort of solenoid, back to a button in the dash. then every time you want it lowering a bit, hit the button!

i am not being serious about this by the way!

Lionel Richie

Its a 2001 1.2 16V MK2 Dynamique, pics will be up in a few mins, its only rubbing cos the front arch liners are still in, ill be ripping them out!!!!!

Ok fair eoungh, its a bit impractical, i no longer have anywhere near full lock, but does anyone else have a 1998 onward clio thats 100mm at the rear and 80ish at the front dropped on 17inch wheels??? Thats why ive done it, to be the first in the UK (as far as i know) individuality.

Cheers Fred

even they wont eb impressed till you do some surgery like move the suspension pickup points so that you can lower it 150mm!

Lionel Richie

Na Ben, im not into the old "Max Muppets", i grew out of that last month!!! I "might" send a few pics off to one of the better (but admitedly, still sh*t mags!!!Its already been in REVS) But i think ill just keep it for myself, you can get some bad attention by doing mags (little scroats see it and smash it up) at least the evidence will be on here?????

hmmm....maybe send it in to CCC as the latest in aerodynamic configurations and suspension settings! lol

see what they say, of course, dont leave a name! haha

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

not bad fred its about as low as mine with my 17s on at the moment, ive ripped my inner arches out 2 as they needed to be with the 19s. Its neede alot of work to get them on though crazy work on arches and chassis etc.mines looks a bit lower on the front too, how low is yours mines about 70-80 but looks more ??

Il try and get some pics up tonight as i am going to see it.

Lionel Richie

ive measured it against Chriss car (std height + wheels) and weve worked out its over 100mm at the back and its 85mm at the front (but it can go another 40mm at the front)

Fred, put standard wheels back on.. itll be insanely stupid on the deck then.. i would reckon it probably touches the floor.. hah.