ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers or standard shocks.

monaco 172
im in two minds wat to do my shocks are on there way out. i can either get k-tecs coilovers or order standard shocks delivered to ireland the collies are workin out around 450 so id be saving at least 160 on standard ones, wit that i could get a sway bar for the back. i have eibach sportlines fitted already. if yous were me wat would you do. any opinions or ideas would be great cheers

RS 182 CUP
I got coileys, dunno wat I did without them, if u get sum u could always take them off n sell em if u ever sell ur car, much better handling, I got h and r's on mine, handles like a dream n the ride hight is perfect and always adjustable

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
4 standard shocks = £200?

How would paying £450 for k-tec coilovers save you £160??

If the k-tec ones are anything like the v-maxx i had standard all the way IMO.

monaco 172
4 standard shocks = £200?

How would paying £450 for k-tec coilovers save you £160??

If the k-tec ones are anything like the v-maxx i had standard all the way IMO.

k-tec coilovers bought and delivered to ireland work out at 450. standard bought and delivered to ireland are under 300. so 150 to 160 savings

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You'll actually save more than that. The coilovers would need setting up to get the best from them, so add at least £200 on top for that.

monaco 172
You'll actually save more than that. The coilovers would need setting up to get the best from them, so add at least £200 on top for that.

really thats not good. standard the way so. are new shocks alot stiffer than old ones. ive 65k on my car and i dont think they have been changed

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I noticed a massive difference on my old 172 when i put new shocks on mine.

It's on my to do list one day to the 182, but more important things to worry about at the moe.

monaco 172
I noticed a massive difference on my old 172 when i put new shocks on mine.

It's on my to do list one day to the 182, but more important things to worry about at the moe.

sweet ill look forward to that so. i changed all engine mounts and the really transformed the car. might run like new now

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol engine mounts will also be done on mine at some point.