ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coin dropped through dash vents?!

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Hi all, to cut a long story short a coin dropped down there earlier! I'm worried it will cause some damage and/or make another annoing rattle, is it possible to get it out? Any tips? Do the vents just lift out?
Would appreciate some advice from eperienced vent removers!!...

Za**** & Xr250R
Not good new someone dropped a small screw in the dash and the only thing you can do is either put up with the rattle or strip the dash down (many hours work) :(

Mental 172 Cup
i dropped a t20 torx bit down the dash of my old car and it moved everytime you went round a corner! was ghey! but then eventually it stopped i think!

Mondeo TDCI 130
ha ha, we had a customer who had a funny noise in her megane, when you went around a corner it clunked!!! took ages to find, turned out to be a marble in the heater box!!!!!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ive got 5p in mine when ever i do a little broad blash (not that my car is quick) but when i do it moves around lol

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Not the answers I was looking for!
F**k! Can't put up with the ridiculous noise every time I go round a corner! I am a fan of shaking the car upside down, but I think I'll be boring and buy some kind of magnetic fishing rod.....

Iceburg 172FF
Not the answers I was looking for!
F**k! Can't put up with the ridiculous noise every time I go round a corner! I am a fan of shaking the car upside down, but I think I'll be boring and buy some kind of magnetic fishing rod.....

get the dash top off and have a butchers, only takes 15 minutes to get it out!

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
get the dash top off and have a butchers, only takes 15 minutes to get it out!

15 mins!? Meh, you have no idea how practical a human being I am! Where do you even start? I know there are screws in either side of the vents so they'll just lift out, but where do you go after that?...

BMW M135i
Can't exactly remember cos its been a while but if you remove the centre console you might be able to fish it out of the footwell vents if its dropped into the bottom of the heater box.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
LOL, it turns out silver coins aren't magnetic and I'm almost certain its a 10p, if I'd listened in physics I would have known!
Bollo**s. Looks like I'll have to get used to a sliding coin on every corner <sob>

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Can't exactly remember cos its been a while but if you remove the centre console you might be able to fish it out of the footwell vents if its dropped into the bottom of the heater box.

Judging by the sliding and noise when I go round a corner, it seems to be just under the dash!...

Charged Superleggera
lucky it was a coin you dropped. mikey123 dropped a cigarette through the dash vents last year and it almost caught fire on a hot day. pm him and he will tell you how he managed to get it out after

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
lucky it was a coin you dropped. mikey123 dropped a cigarette through the dash vents last year and it almost caught fire on a hot day. pm him and he will tell you how he managed to get it out after

F**k a duck, that is not good.. I'm not sure it is worth removing the dash to be honest. I'm nowhere near competent enough to do it myself, and can't stomach shelling out for garage to do it! Plus I imagine once its taken apart, it will never be quite the same and will probably have even more rattles!
I am so vexed, can't believe what a schoolboy error it was!
Will definitely PM Mikey and hopefully he can offer me a non-dash removing miracle...

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
There are 3 screws on the vent cover on the dash. I have removed them but the cover appears to not want to lift out particularly easily?! Does this actually come out yeah? So that you are left with just the vent showing? I don't want to apply to much force incase i break a clip and/or f**k up the dash. <rage>

I remember that argument, tell me though how did a cigarette "almost" ignite on a hot day? Better not leave your fags inside your cars anymore boys just incase they spontaneously combust :cool: LOL

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
ive got a cigarette lighter down one of my airvents,
never bothered getting it out,
and i have no idea how i would go about it,
doesnt ratte or anything, infact id completely forgotten bout it until now.

go for a drive, if it doesnt rattle, id just leave it,
add a couple of pennys to the value of the car. ;)

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
ive got a cigarette lighter down one of my airvents,
never bothered getting it out,
and i have no idea how i would go about it,
doesnt ratte or anything, infact id completely forgotten bout it until now.

go for a drive, if it doesnt rattle, id just leave it,
add a couple of pennys to the value of the car. ;)

It's less of a rattle and more of a slide from one end to the other whenever you go round a corner!... :mad:
So far the 'pouring glue down the vent and swinging round a corner to stick it' solution is winning me over most.....

PS sorry for reminding you!

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
I'm not convinced by the "just lifts off" part!... I know i'll fu*k it up, break clips or do something equally incompetent that will financially rape me...

PH1 172 Sport
I remember that argument, tell me though how did a cigarette "almost" ignite on a hot day? Better not leave your fags inside your cars anymore boys just incase they spontaneously combust :cool: LOL

Yeah that thread was classic CS!! I'd still love to know how folk in hotter countries stop there cigarettes from spontaneously igniting.... :rolleyes:

Thats a s**t! turn the radio up! :)

That's what Renault stereos are for. Loved the fact the the test driver who took the R26R out said that the lack of radio meant you couldn't turn it up a notch over time a new rattle occured!! Pissed myself at that!

SG9 Forester STi
It sounds awkward but it didn't take long at all...I dropped one of the tax disc screws down there and it was doing my head in sliding from one end to another when I went round a corner, tried the whole magnetic stick thing and no joy so ended up taking the dash off. Its a few screws and snap off bits. Job done :) Hope you get it out lol!

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
It sounds awkward but it didn't take long at all...I dropped one of the tax disc screws down there and it was doing my head in sliding from one end to another when I went round a corner, tried the whole magnetic stick thing and no joy so ended up taking the dash off. Its a few screws and snap off bits. Job done :) Hope you get it out lol!

Thanks Vicky!... so when the dash is removed, what do you actually see in terms of the ventilation etc?... :S