ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold Air Feed

2003 MR2 Roadster
Hi

I am fitting a K&N element in the original airbox. I am also going to remove the acoustic valve. My question is - do i remove all the existing cold air feed from the valve right upto the airbox and replace this with a better one?.If so, does the diameter of the pipe matter?.Also does the replacement CAF fit into the original airbox cos if so, how do I know what size end will fit it?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The hole in the airbox conected to the CAF that goes down to the acoustic valve measures 80mm x 63mm oval ( 70mm round ) If i were removing the acoustic valve i'd just use the original CAF myself , seems pretty pointless buying a 70mm CAF when you already have one .

2003 MR2 Roadster
I took the acoustic air valve out today and the induction noise is noticable (albeit its not like having an open filter).

I did notice a very slight drop in torque below 4000rpm though.
This might get back to normal when I fit my K&N panel filter in the new few days.

Still happy with it though.

Last edited:
when i got mine fitted at r-tec, they removed the cold air feed aswell.

so today i fitted a heat shield and intake pipe, cost £23 including jubilee clip.
took 10 mins and looks pretty good too. heres some pics.
001-4.jpg

003-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

2003 MR2 Roadster
Thats a neat job mate - I like it alot!!

I have a K&N panel filter on order and am going to try that,

Although I have a feeling that I will want more induction noise so might end up buying a K&N57I filter and sorting the heat shield/CAF myself (as K&N charge an extra £100 for the GEN2 kit which is just a more cool efficent system (can do it yourself for about half the price!).

Peace

the car seems move responsive now, she really likes the nice cold air,
gonna get a smaller pipe from the n/s as i couldnt fit the bigger pipe through
the gaps.