ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cold air info

monaco 172
alright lads just wonderin can yous help me out please. i wanna run a cold air feed to me standard air box. do i run it to the bottom pipe and into the front mesh. or run it to the side one and take it off the acoutic value and out to the front mesh. any help would be great. oh and one more thing do i need to have the acoutic value on my car or can i take it off. cheers

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Acoustic valve can be removed as long as you seal off the vacumm pipe. won't gain anything other than slight weight saving.

As for CAF, space is a real problem and I personally lost power on the RR by having a CAF from foglight direct into the airbox. IMO have a CAF down into the inner arch so it only draws in cold air

What air box are you running

Golf GT & A4 Avant
In that case, remove the AV, and leave the top feed going down into the arch, or remove it if you want a bit more sound