ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coded Paint (Halfords) appears very dark...

Clio 1.5 DCI
Just put the final coat of paint on my door strips and they have come out very dark compared to the original paint. I know it fades but the difference is huge! Colour Code D44 (from halfords mixed range). Not only this it seems to be a darker shade of blue anyway!

Question is - I used grey primer, would spraying a coat of white then the top coat lighten it up at all?

Also, as halfords obviously cant match for sh*t (going my search results on here), can anyone else recommend where to get D44 (Metalic blue) paint colour from?

Cheers,
Dan

Cro

Meg'd r27
I had the same problem, good to hear that it wasnt my spraying i thought i had used too much paint. hopefully you get a good answer

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Very hit and miss with colour matching from Halfords i'm afraid :(

Had to go to AutoSupplies in the end and they got the colour spot on.

I know it's going to be expensive but can Renault not do you some?

Cro

Meg'd r27
they dont do D44. I wonder if it was the clearcoat that darkened the paint? mine looked fine when i had it sprayed and tested against the car but after the clearcoat like a different colour

Clio 1.5 DCI
they dont do D44. I wonder if it was the clearcoat that darkened the paint? mine looked fine when i had it sprayed and tested against the car but after the clearcoat like a different colour

Mine was wrong before I even got to the laquar / clearcoat. I guess autopaint.co.uk is the one to go for then?

Anyone got an exact match of D44 from there?