ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding Question

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
As per my project thread recently I decided to give colour coding my side strips a shot, having not really ever done that sort of thing before, I prefer hammers and spanners :D

Anyway I took a gamble on stuff from Halfords, gave them all a good rubbing down and sanding down before giving them 4 coats of primer, followed by a quick sanding to smooth out before the colour, I then applied 4 or 5 coats of Monaco Blue to the 4 strips and iceberg silver to the bullets (thought it would match the door handles nicely). Then I applied a similar number of coats of clear lacquer to each before allowing to touch dry and putting them on a clothes dryer next to a radiator :)

My question is this, it seems I am not the best paintist, but far from the worst, however it does appear I am the worlds most impatient sander and have no idea on that is smooth, when I first sanded the plastics I should have spent so much more time on them, but now that I haven't, can I make a decent amount of correction by carefully wet and dry sanding the lacquer/t-cut/cutting compound so that they are a bit better?

I realise that maybe the best thing would be to start over, but if I can salvage something reasonable from what I've managed I'd rather do that, and later down the line I might re do them :)

Thanks

won't do a great deal because the poor sanding/sanding marks are under the primer, paint and lacquer