ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour difference 172 cup and arctic 182

Arctic 182
Can you even notice the difference between the blue 172 cup and the arctic 182?

Has anyone got aside by side pic?

They look pretty identical to me

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They aren't, the Mondial blue is so much nicer than the arctic. Colour looks deeper, and appears shinier.

Even when washed and polished the arctic still seems to have a dull look to it imo

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Rb never got replaced by anything, arctic got replaced by albi so if anything albi is the new arctic ;)

Arctic 182
I think the colour on my arctic looks brill when cleaned up. Not seen a cup up close, from pics the colour looks the same. Think rb looks betta albeit a lil bit more ladylike

Looking for 182
I do like Arctic, but I actually prefer RB now, even though I hated it when I first got my Clio.

I'd love an RB with white Turinis :)

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
my artic 182 (the one with off road suspension and s**t white wheels) :( next to scotts 172 cup :hail:

IMG00409-20110220-1333.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. Worst comparison pic ever.

Let's be honest, in 90% of lighting conditions, they look the same.

B

bigrich690

(55)%20182%20%26%201722%20cup.jpg

Can you really spot the different other than by looking at the number plate, you have good eyes if you can?

172 Cup
When you see them in person and both paints are clean mondial is alot nicer imho and ive always thought that not just since owning the cup. Both are nice colurs though dont get me wrong.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You can see from that pic that mondial is slightly deeper although there isnt much in it at all

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I can only tell the difference by staring for a while... And hoping it isn't one of those pictures that jumps out at you screaming 'aaaaaaaaaah'.

But if I was to glance over that I'd think it was two cups.

Here's a test, someone blank the licence plates and alloys of an arctic and a cup and see who can tell the difference

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I can only tell the difference by staring for a while... And hoping it isn't one of those pictures that jumps out at you screaming 'aaaaaaaaaah'.

But if I was to glance over that I'd think it was two cups.

Here's a test, someone blank the licence plates and alloys of an arctic and a cup and see who can tell the difference

172 Cup
i park my 172 cup next to a guy in the office who has a 182 in Arctic, you can tell after a while that Mondial is a tad deeper

B

bigrich690

Right i want someone to tell me which one is the cup and which one is the 182

check%20mate.jpg

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Nasty dint on the one on the rights door :S

In that light its easier to spot the Lighter arctic but I still think the arctic is the nicer blue when it's all clean and in some good sun.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Even without the headlights you can still tell which is the cup. The blue is so much deeper, more purple in it.

Its a really nice colour is mondial. I'd still have an iceburg cup over it though :eek:

B

bigrich690

"Nasty dint on the one on the rights door :S"

dont worry the dint is no longer there, had that removed along time ago

but your all way too good for me........mega fail the the cheap computer 'paint' programe lol your all way too good for me, never thought about the head lights boooo

Turbos.
Mondial has a greater depth to it, its a great colour TBH. Not to say Artic isn't great too, just isn't quite as impressive...