ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coloured diamonds new technique!!

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Hi all, I'm a model maker by trade and have access to alot of machinery. I've painted my front and rear diamonds black along with bullets and other such bits, you all know. It came to Painting my wheel diamonds and I basically couldn't be bothered to sand the chrome and key them up as I thought the paint is Gona chip so easy so I've been trying to find a more durable method of colour coding wheel diamonds and it will work with anything pretty much, Dash strips bullets etc.

I have a vac former at work which is a machine that heats up and shrink wraps plastic around an object. I placed the wheel diamonds into the former and stretched 1mm black plastic around the diamonds and they look superb took 5 mins per diamond and basically the end result is a diamond coated in hard plastic so the colour is more durable and it won't chip off etc.

I think they look superb, you can also pretty much do any colour

e25cbab5.jpg

1.4 16v mk2 clio
Bigger badges and objects with less undercuts and edges work best but there good enough for wheel diamonds

a low one
i tried this in school about 9 months back on a diamond but it looked more bulky and less shapely so i just painted it in the end.

also tried it on the 'clio' badge but that didnt work so well!

M135i
I like the first picture, its different with the big rounded smooth edges. I think it looks quite impressive even on the larger diamonds tbh

1.4 16v mk2 clio
the first picture on the thread is a small wheel diamond, its just a very close up picture, so everything looks rounder. Once on the car, you cant tell the difference between mine and a painted set. if you were to do bigger diamonds it would be easier to wrap because the opening in the center of the diamond is bigger so the plastic would wrap inside easier if that makes sense

1.4 16v mk2 clio
these are like a satin black, depends what plastic you want to use, plus you can lacquer straight over them if you want to make them gloss. the lacquer may chip though (but the colour will never)