ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Come in Charlie two. We have a situation at the watertower...

lift number 1 @ btm
Whittingham Hospital close to Preston, was at one point the second largest mental asylum in europe.
The hospital opened in 1875 and closed in 1995 and has stood empty since.

The site covers a huge area close to 160 acres and used to house 3500 patients. It is now completely trashed and has one of the grumpiest security guards I have ever met. :eek:

All in all, not a bad day out..

whitplan.png

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

140.jpg

165.jpg

187.jpg

199.jpg

217.jpg

230.jpg

I've been in there!!

Nearly fell through the floor above the stage because I was fiddling with my phone :eek:

*edit*

Actually, I haven't. Just one very similar! Lol

Last edited:
  lift number 1 @ btm
Got all napoleonic on his radio and told me to delete my pictures.

I said, here come and see where I got under the fence, look how I did it. Then promptly buggered off..

Cupra
I love nosing around places like that. Did you have some sort of wide angle filter for the last couple of images? They looks a bit distorted...

lift number 1 @ btm
Yes indeed. Cheap, nasty tat.
My parents went to Singapore, I asked for a fisheye. You can imagine the anticlimax...

Unfortunately I couldn't see just how distorted they are untill I got home.

Swift Sport
Great pics mate, Reminds me of a film called 'Session 9'. I'd love to go somewhere like that late at night.

lift number 1 @ btm
Ta dude. It's definately worth a visit. Now I'm sure how to get in, I'll go back with a tripod.