ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Completely do away with sunroof?

has anyone ever actually done away with their sunroof completely and replaced it with some sort of sunroof delete kit.

i have seen kits for like bmws and other cars but nothing for a Clio unfortunalty, as we all know they are prone to leaking.

Over the weekend i had a monumental leak which resulted in the driver seat and whole front of my roof lining and a pillars absolutly saturated.
I went about stripping it all down and siliconed the whole lot like in the guide on here.

Now last night their was really bad rain where i live, the sunroof managed to deal with the most of it but their was still some water getting in as their was a small damp patch on the roof liner. Obviously no where near as bad as it was but its beginning to be more and more hassle.

So if i cant fix it this time does anyone have any suggestions on how to completely do away with it and put something else in its place.

Thanks

There was a thread on here somewhere where someone deleted it, best solution IMO would be to take the roof skin from a knackered 172/182 and use it to replace yours and roof lining

I'll have a scout to see if I can find the thread I mentioned for you though

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
On my track project not a Clio, I've cut some 2mm sheet out sprayed the right colour, placed it where the sunroof would sit and am going to fit metal spacers to keep it level with the roof line and use the windscreen bonding agent to fit it!

i was thinking of something similar. Apart from making it flush with the roof and using filler or even fibre glass. Just some way to make it flush and smooth and not wanting to have rivet heads showing.

hopefully ill get something sorted without spending a lot.

also as spinksy mentioned get the roof liner from a sport.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
i was thinking of something similar. Apart from making it flush with the roof and using filler or even fibre glass. Just some way to make it flush and smooth and not wanting to have rivet heads showing.

hopefully ill get something sorted without spending a lot.
Weld one in and grind the weld remains off!

Cant weld llf. But know people who can, but was thinking. Not sure if it will work but could always weld from the inside (after interior is completely out) then use filler to smooth off the outside to make it flush with the rest of the roof.