ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Component speakers

Clio Trophy
I'm thinking of getting rid of my 6x9s now that I have a sub, and getting some rear components. Do I need to amp these (by buying a component kit) or is there no need to because I have a sub? (so I could just buy some 13cm coaxial speakers?)

Clio Trophy
But would it be better to get the component kit so I could amp them, or would my sub do the job? Would coaxials be better than 6x9s?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
coaxials are definatly better than 6x9s
you could put components in the rear but you would have to find a place for the tweeter. amping them would be good and very load and good sound quality.
although you could amp coaxials in the back and the components in the front and it will still sound good.

vaux cavalier
I'm thinking of getting rid of my 6x9s now that I have a sub, and getting some rear components. Do I need to amp these (by buying a component kit) or is there no need to because I have a sub? (so I could just buy some 13cm coaxial speakers?)

this depends entirely on personal preference, best results in terms of quality would be to run without rear speakers full stop, others would say you can't beat components for rear fill, i say, "if it sounds right to you, then it's right"....

try getting to some local meets and having a listen to some different setups, this will greatly improve your chances of getting your car right first time...

if your planning on playing your system with the boot open, then fit components in the actual boot, this will greatly improve quality.....these can be faded out for normal driving....

if you simply desire rear fill, then opt for coaxials.....

6x9s and components may well totally screw up your sound stage and imaging, but, like i said, its your car, go with what you prefer....