ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

component video

Right this might be a really dumb ass question but I need help.

Thought about a hijack of Tiger's post but then though I better post my own.:D

I have just bought an amp for 5.1 surround etc, now I need to connect my TV up to this, what is the best way to run the TV through this amp?

I have Componet Video connection form the TV and on the Amp, so was thinking i could use this... but I though this would only carry video signals, so why do i have this on my audio amp? :S

The amp in question is a Harman Kardon AVR240
http://www.avland.co.uk/harmankardon/avr240/avr240.htm

Any help is great cause im being extreamly thick about this.

Fiesta ST
most TV's only have 1 component connection on them - what a reciever can do is provide 2 component inputs and have 1 component output to the TV so in esence it give you 2 x component inputs for 2 devices and you use the receiver to switch between the 2 (component switcher).

to get the sound out of your TV into the amp you need analog out on your TV (red & white phono plugs) or optical out on your TV or digital coxial.

Fiesta ST
another way to get output is using headphone socket on your TV using a cable that uses jack to phono lead (only do it this way if you haven't got any other output.